3DCoat Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kelley

Primitives Laboratory from Tinker

Thanks Carlosan. I downloaded them, plus some other good stuff in the 'Other' category. Usually when I download, it puts the new file on my desktop. I then open it in WinRAR, and put it in its proper folder. Not so in this case. Moreover, when I try to open file from the Downloads by clicking on 'RUN', it tells me that Windows won't open this file. What does? Do I simply retrieve them from the Downloads and drop them into the proper 3dC folder? Thanks again.

Thanks Carlosan. I downloaded them, plus some other good stuff in the 'Other' category. Usually when I download, it puts the new file on my desktop. I then open it in WinRAR, and put it in its proper folder. Not so in this case. Moreover, when I try to open file from the Downloads by clicking on 'RUN', it tells me that Windows won't open this file. What does? Do I simply retrieve them from the Downloads and drop them into the proper 3dC folder? Thanks again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HngVJuqw4Y&list=PL0614F2A03AD725CD&index=23

I watched the tutorial. The author didn't even mention installation, but there was a small note on-screen that pointed me in the right direction. However; once I click 'Install Extension' and bring up the 3dC folder (and navigate to the downloads folder), you'll notice that the three 3dC downloads have no icon in front. They were never opened in WinRAR. But their size indicates that something downloaded. How do I get past this point?

post-37929-0-78707400-1384318226_thumb.j

Edited by Kelley

On 3DC

File

Install extension

Pick the files one by one

3dcpack are the extensions

This is getting really strange. I'm almost there, except that the downloads from yesterday are no longer in the downloads folder. If you look at the screen cap in the previous post, you can see them and they have no icon before them. I'll try downloading again. Has anyone else had this happen?

I finished installing the Tinker models, and expected to find them under  "Windows' tap, but they're not there. Could someone point me to them? Thanks.

In the Voxel Room, if you don't see the Models or Splines pallet in your UI, click on the MERGE tool, and the Models pallet appears. If you want it to stay in your UI, dock it somewhere. Likewise with the Splines pallet, you click on the CURVES tool, because that's what it works in conjunction with. You can browse different subdirectories/folders from the little drop list in the upper right corner of the pallet

In the Voxel Room, if you don't see the Models or Splines pallet in your UI, click on the MERGE tool, and the Models pallet appears.

Is this what you're referring to? (it works!) When the default UI appears, the Models, etc., pallet is so narrow that the last word heading, Splines, (which is white) overwrites the selection arrow. (also white)

post-37929-0-22863600-1384637946_thumb.j

1 hour ago, jeric_synergy said:

When you INSTALL EXTENSION, it recommends restarting.  But I got like 12 downloads to install.

Can I wait 'til the end to relaunch???

Install them all > restart the app

• Like 1