3DCoat Forums

Symmetry

FreezeFrame

• Advanced Member

Hello. I ran into a slight problem. When adding objects and merging them to a scene. Is it possible after merging two objects at the symmetry line to adjust their distance from the line after? It allows during placement. All I noticed was if they are separate instances only 1 can be moved at a time unless they are joined as one then they both move.

Also I made a very slight mistake when I merged two objects to form as one. I must of had symmetry off or something because I noticed a slight out of symmetry mistake, somehow. Is it possible to make a mesh not symmetrized into one? It's no big problem and the slight mesh deformation won't affect animation at all.

• Reputable Contributor

If you do not mind as you said the minor mesh deformation, then under the voxel menu (top menu) select (Symm Copy).

Before doing that use say the smooth tool at a depth of "0" and perform one mouse / pen click on the side you want copied to the other side.