3DCoat Forums

Moving toolbars to a 2nd monitor...

Kelley

• Reputable Contributor

In Mudbox this is possible, as well as the in Maya, Cinema 4d, Modo. For example, for me, working with 2-3 monitors has already become integral attribute in my workflow

We all know you can with major 3D apps. I'm referring to specialty, secondary apps like ZB, MB and 3D Coat. If Mudbox does, it must be pretty recent, cause I hadn't seen any mention about it around the MB 2012 version. Maybe you are talking about extending the MB UI across 2 monitors, like this...

Edited by AbnRanger

Hmm .. Frankly speaking I use it from version 2013. It is possible to move any windows on the second monitor. Working with two monitors rather strongly accelerates workflow. A to stretch across two monitors is not very convenient

post-37546-0-30958300-1385431961_thumb.p

Edited by HunterWolf

• Reputable Contributor

Hmm .. Frankly speaking I use it from version 2013. It is possible to move any windows on the second monitor. Working with two monitors rather strongly accelerates workflow. A to stretch across two monitors is not very convenient

Cool. Yeah, now that you mention it...seems I do recall them mentioning something about being able to customize the UI quite a bit, somewhere around MB 2013 or 2014. Didn't know you could move panels to a 2nd monitor. Maybe a feature request is in order, then? I just recall Andrew saying it would be very difficult to do so. I think MB's UI got changed over to the Nokia QT toolkit, along with Maya, a few years back. Probably why they can do that. Nevertheless, the strecthed UI (across 2 monitors, that you can do with 3D Coat) is very handy in some settings....like working in both the 2D Texture Editor and 3D viewport. Can put the 2D Texture Editor and all the panels on the 2nd monitor, and have the Tool panel and full 3D Viewport in the other. Same thing for the UV room and Retopo Room. Can put the UV Editor panel + layers panels, shaders, models pallet, etc. on 2nd monitor

If they do integrate Cycles renderer in 3D Coat, I certainly hope they enable us to move that room/panel to a 2nd monitor...so we can paint one and see live render updates on the other. Plus work with any nodes panel this way as well

• Advanced Member

I do not understand how to vote in this  Mantis Thing , but I vote for this features too .

I'm  working with  a cintiq and it would be nice I could move the UV Editor on this monitor without the whole Paintroom  Window, or visa versa

Also I wrote in German  forum thread such request

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15328

Edited by vidi