3DCoat Forums

Unable to paint on imported model

Hammers

• Advanced Member

Hi,

I'm having trouble with a round tripping workflow thing.

I've exported a model from blender for uv mapping and painting, so far so good. But when I get it back  to Blender I found that some of the normals were reversed, so I fixed them, then send the model (with the app link) back to 3dc for fixing up (the uvs went very bad after fixing the normals...)

On the faces that had dodgy normals every face had a seam around it now, so I deleted all of the marked seams, reseamed, then unwrapped and applied the UV set.

But now when I go to the paint room to fix up the texture (which looks mostly ok), I am unable to paint on the model. Nothing has been frozen (that I know of) and I've tried different layers etc. But strokes just aren't working.

I've just repeated the process, to see what happens and this time I can paint in the Texture editor view, but still not in the 3d view.

I hope someone can help.

Cheers.

post-37883-0-83878500-1385447543_thumb.p

• Advanced Member

Yeah, the normals were reversed on parts of the original version (one ear and a couple of odd faces) which I had unwrapped and painted the first time.

Then I fixed the normals in Blender and sent the model back to 3dc, fixed the unwrapping on the weird areas, but can now not paint.