3DCoat Forums

Blender Applink "Simple3DCoat" (Fork of the official) by mifth

mifth

It appears to be pulling up an older Retopology. There also is no option for Hardsurface Retopology. It is referencing and older 3Dcoat version.

Should I remove something from the addon or fix it?

If yes, just describe it please more. :)

• Advanced Member

The app is using an older 3dcoat retopo. The newer 3dcoat has an option for hard surface retopo.

The retopo  either needs to be fixed or removed from the app.

• Advanced Member

@ mifth  There could be other painting imports ( per pixel painting for one) crashing 3dcoat also. Carlosan  would know more on the changes.

Real cool Miratool and mifthtool thanks for those!

umm per pixel painting started working.....

• Advanced Member

Hey Britain the app link works for me in per pixel painting sometimes I need to hit the Export 2-3 times in blender to get it in 3dc side. I cant transfer any color info/material from blender over to 3DC it says its a UV set name.3DC into Blender works fine the 3 texture maps are named KD=color  KS=spec  and  Bump  . Can you get the color /mat  from blender over to 3dcoat or no? thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm working on a Mac and I'm having troubles with the exchange folder too. Instead of appearing in the addon section (user preferences) the line for input of exchance folder it appears in the properties pannel. And the moment I want to input the : EXCHANGE FOLDER it disappears.

Is there an other way around ?

Hello, I'm working on a Mac and I'm having troubles with the exchange folder too. Instead of appearing in the addon section (user preferences) the line for input of exchance folder it appears in the properties pannel. And the moment I want to input the : EXCHANGE FOLDER it disappears.

Is there an other way around ?

Try to open a path with this button:

jjBzVGX.png

It must be absolute path.

Also, update blender.

• Advanced Member

ok I tried the FBX fix but Im not sure its in blender is it the same version # 0.3.2  I still have the ui in tools and not in its own tab in blender.i try to export from blender it give me a Traceback (most recent call last)! up top. I tried twice. Also I still don't get any Color material from blender over to 3dc is that normal . when I use obj. from blender to 3dc per pixel paint. mmmmm    im going to try it one more time  mifth tools master  here I come...

Hello, I am using windows 7 pro and I installed simple 3d coat from the link on the first page, I set an exchange folder in the 3d coat 4.5 folder in program files, I installed the addon while setting the exchange folder in the path, but when I press export object i get an error "access denied", please help^^

post-38882-0-20468400-1441478372_thumb.p

Edited by Arkanis Gath

Hello, I am using windows 7 pro and I installed simple 3d coat from the link on the first page, I set an exchange folder in the 3d coat 4.5 folder in program files, I installed the addon while setting the exchange folder in the path, but when I press export object i get an error "access denied", please help^^

You should have the Exchange folder in User folder. Just check your User\Documents folders.

ok I tried the FBX fix but Im not sure its in blender is it the same version # 0.3.2  I still have the ui in tools and not in its own tab in blender.i try to export from blender it give me a Traceback (most recent call last)! up top. I tried twice. Also I still don't get any Color material from blender over to 3dc is that normal . when I use obj. from blender to 3dc per pixel paint. mmmmm    im going to try it one more time  mifth tools master  here I come...

Could you give me full Traceback message?

• Advanced Member

I get 2 one up top starts with a  !  c:\programfiles\BlenderFoundation\Blender\2.75\Scripts\addons\io_Simple_3Dcoat.py".Line147,in invoke [] bpy.ops.export_scene.fbx (check_exsiting=True,filepath=model export path,filter_glob=*.fbx,version='Bin7400',use_selection=globel_scale=1.0axis forward=Z axis up = Y Bake_space_transform=False,object types={MESH}-,U

AND at the same time in the middle of screen in black overlay    =1.0 axis_forward=Z axis_up=y,Bake_space_transform=false,object_types={MESH} use_mesh_modifiers=simple3dcoat,do apply modifiers,mesh_smooth_type.=Face,use_mesh_edges=false,use tspace=false,use_custom_properties=false,usearmature_de...

I load in the fix for fbx but its not in its own tab// UI as you say it should be meaning it seams as if it didn't load in  .thanks for your time .

• Advanced Member

I was working on a project in 3D-Coat and I wanted to bring it into Blender to test and I can not find a way to do it.  I have 3D-Coat running with my scene, I start Blender with the applink active and the exchange directory set.  I can send an object from Blender to 3D-Coat, but I can't find a way to send my 3D-Coat object to Blender as there is no "Send to..." file menu option.  Has this changed or is this a one way street?   I'm using 3D-Coat version 4.5.16, Blender version 2.75a, and applink version 0.3.2. Thanks,

Jason

• Advanced Member

Hey Grimm when in 3DC side in PPP go up to File >  you will see in the drop down list  Open in original APP  Click it and then you will see Export Options  check what you want in it then click OK.  Now open Blender and in the Simple 3d Coat APP-LINK  tab click  Import Objects  and it should be there . ( This works if  blender was the original app meaning I had first made the model in Blender and exported it over to 3dc in PPP.) As I reread your post it looks as if you made your object/Mesh in 3dc from start so no the Open in original app might not work > WOW :) IT does work just comes in bigger not to scale! I learned something new just did a test obj 

• Advanced Member

Thanks Ballistic, but I don't see the menu "Export Options", the only two export menu items I have are "Export Objects & Textures" and "Export for Steam Workshop".  When I try to import in Blender it just gives me an error, "No imported objects or bad exchange folder".  I tried to export my object into the exchange directory and it didn't have any effect.   :(

Edited by Grimm

• Advanced Member

TOP Left  click on File and in there you should see" OPEN IN ORIGINAL APP"  only after you click this will you see Export Options  then check what you want  and hit OK.

I don't see either unless I first send an object to 3D-Coat from Blender.  I'm also using the new simple plugin for Blender not the original plugin.  Maybe it's an issue with the Linux version?  

• Advanced Member

Yes you do ( it seams) have to send something from blender to 3dc first to see Open in Original app. then it seams once that's done there linked I did just that : blender to 3dc 1st then just deleted that object. then opened a new > surface sculpting > and that object/mesh from the Sculpt room has up in FILE> Bring Voxels Back to APP  I clicked that then back in  over to blender > Simple 3Dc APP-Link >Import Objects and it was there.  add it to the learned something new list.  Mifth script is awesome time saver!  I am the Old new guy in 3dcoat learning day to day I started with Fractal Design then kids = no spare time till collage then bam back to getting up to speed lol. hope some of this helps.

• 4 months later...

I am using version 3.2 of the "Simple 3D-Coat Applink" plugin and blender 2.76b.

Issues:

1. The plugin is still in the scene tab.

2. What I liked in the origin plugin: The hierarchy position was saved always. So a reimported object moved back to the origin place in the blender hierarchy. Your plugin don't remember the origin hierarchy position and moves the object always into the scene origin.

3. Then I would like to have another option: When I don't set "Apply modifiers", then I expect my object come back from 3D-Coat and have the same modifiers back like before the export. This happened with the old plugin and was great.

The only problem I had with haikalles plugin  is: In my scene the position in the hierarchy was not always the same after reimport. The objects shift after reimport for any reason.

Is it possible to improve your routines for the mentioned points?

Thank you in advanced

Chris

Yes I tried all.

1. OBJ after reimport from 3D-Coat:
a) Does not support parent object scaling factor to child objects.
b ) Does not support hierarchy.

3) FBX:

a) Result in an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\addons\io_simple_3dcoat\simple_coat.py", line 147, in invoke
    bpy.ops.export_scene.fbx(check_existing=True, filepath=modelExportPath, filter_glob="*.fbx", version='BIN7400', use_selection=True, global_scale=1.0, axis_forward='-Z', axis_up='Y', bake_space_transform=False, object_types={'MESH'}, use_mesh_modifiers=simple3Dcoat.doApplyModifiers, mesh_smooth_type='FACE', use_mesh_edges=False, use_tspace=False, use_custom_properties=False, use_armature_deform_only=False, bake_anim=False, bake_anim_use_nla_strips=False, bake_anim_use_all_actions=False, bake_anim_step=1.0, bake_anim_simplify_factor=1.0, use_anim=False, use_anim_action_all=False, use_default_take=True, use_anim_optimize=True, anim_optimize_precision=6.0, path_mode='AUTO', embed_textures=False, batch_mode='OFF', use_batch_own_dir=True, use_metadata=True)
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.76\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py", line 189, in __call__
    ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: : keyword "use_custom_properties" unrecognized

2. DAE:
a) 3D-Coat crashes while import. Version 4.5.25

Additional infos about tabbed PlugIn:

The plugin seems to appear in windows 8.1 tabbed in the tools window at the left. It appear in the scene tab in windows 10. Tested both with blender 2.76b.

Best wishes

Chris

• Carlosan changed the title to Blender Applink "Simple3DCoat" (Fork of the official) by mifth