3D Coat Forums
mifth

Blender Applink "Simple3DCoat" (Fork of the official)

Can we please get an update to the Blender Applink, that exports (to Blender) the material image maps along with the mesh, and sets those images up in a Principled shader? This would allow users to have their materials already setup and ready to render in Cycles or Evee.

This current addon is 3yrs old and does not set the materials up (like the 3ds Max applink does). Myself and probably all Blender users, here, would be willing to pay for an addon that works well. It can be sold at BlenderMarket.com, Gumroad, or wherever. With all the changes in each 3D app, from year to year, it's too much for Pilgway to keep up with, so I think it makes sense for willing 3rd party developers to step in and monetize the applink(s) development, themselves, so it's worth their time and effort.

You can see how it works in 3ds Max. If an artist could choose a preset in the Blender Applink (for Cycles/Evee via Principled shader or AMD Pro Render Material), that would be awesome and a real time-saver when the model/scene has a lot of separate objects and multiple UV's.

• Like 1

Yes that's what I was meaning in my previous post too. The principled shader seems to work great with 3dc textures, and an automated material node setup would be sooooo useful and timesaving. I know the node wrangler addon goes some of the way with this idea. Maybe there's some code in there that could be borrowed for this purpose.

2 hours ago, Hammers said:

Yes that's what I was meaning in my previous post too. The principled shader seems to work great with 3dc textures, and an automated material node setup would be sooooo useful and timesaving. I know the node wrangler addon goes some of the way with this idea. Maybe there's some code in there that could be borrowed for this purpose.

That's right, and I, like most every Blender-3D Coat user would be willing to pay a reasonable fee for a such an addon (on Gumroad as an example), as long as it works well and is updated once in a while, as needed.

• Like 2

hey-hey, I'd also be more than happy to pay for an automated addon/workflow for eevee and cycles.

It's a separate Add-on for this purpose, but maybe you like to check it out:

Since I can't edit my first post, scroll down for the latest version. Eevee support will come soon I hope.

Hey community,

With Blender getting in with Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard and it's Eevee implementation coming in 2.8 there's more and more need for an effective, elegant, PBR enabled Applink necessity that feels sadly neglected. I love what @Haunted has done so far, but the Applink is essential.

• Thanks 1

I also would like to see usable applink between 3d-coat and Blender. I remember that it worked years ago, those were some happy times. :)

On 5/8/2018 at 3:52 AM, sleekdigital said:

I'm considering purchasing 3D Coat.  Having this work would make my decision easier!

I'm in the same boat - I'd love to purchase 3D Coat, but I'm not quite ready to commit resources. This would make the decision for me!

12 hours ago, AlfieK said:

I'm in the same boat - I'd love to purchase 3D Coat, but I'm not quite ready to commit resources. This would make the decision for me!

While I would like to this applink completed, he already did the hard part with his addon that hooks the exported maps up, so it's ready to use in Cycles. Just use the 3DCoat Applink that comes with Blender, to get the meshes into Blender and use Ghost's material addon to hook up the materials.

link

5 minutes ago, haikalle said:

Hi! I have been slowly updating my script to work 2.8. Here is some updates I written into script.

+ Support multi objects transfer into 3d-Coat and back to blender.

+ Nodes are supported.

-  Blender 2.8 has many bugs conserning materials so it will  slow down  

I write this script mainly focus blender 2.8 release. Eevee renderer with 3d-coat could be match made in heaven so I try to make this script very powerful. 

There is a lot things to do but let me know if you want to test the beta script and I send it to you. There is no official testing yet. Too early.

I was sad that Haunted was not able to continue with his version of applink. He had just a great start. This applink has always been fun project to me. ( as a hobby) and I think 

that there is so many other who could code this much better than me :)   

Hi guys, I have an  weird issue with Applink on my iMac.

Firt of all, It looks little different (attached images), doesn't have directory path command build in. I can only "Transfer" object from Blender to 3D coat. 3D coat recive it, but after I add some changes, like painting for example, when I press "object to original application" nothing really happening. I update on Blender side as well, without any result. Do you know what could be the cause? 

It works only one way Blender > 3D Coat

Regards

1913336660_Screenshot2018-12-02at23_44_56.png.30fd2e161f30075ffe6666e8d3d00792.png

1346746286_Screenshot2018-12-02at23_43_28.png.2b7bd904accd75e8268b212e79e266cb.png