3DCoat Forums

123D Catch for the IPad and IPhone

digman

• Reputable Contributor

This application has been out for a while but I got a IPad2 from my son recently and have been exploring 123D Catch plus the other two as well 123D sculpt and 123D creature.

The IPad2 front camera is not that high of resolution but will do good enought for capturing my future air dry clay sculpts for further work in 3DCoat. Good even ambient light does work best as they recommend.

The picture is of a tabletop Jesus bust I captured today shown in PPP mode. (Rendered)

The app makes it very seamless to take the photos on your IPad, upload the images, wait a few minutes and you got your 3DModel.

I use Hexagon to get rid of the areas I do not want...

post-518-0-01614000-1386363144_thumb.png

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

Ah interesting to see your results and I'm guessing you being able to capture your world around you and mixing it into your art will bare fruit.

Should be some fun ahead.

I'm a fan of 123D creature as a pragmatic armature tool but found the sculpt app just a little bit too........rubbish :-)

• Reputable Contributor

@ Candy-floss Kid

Yes, I am enjoying 123D creature, great for getting a posed character. I read your post from the last summer.

123D sculpt is good for getting some head bust ideas flowing...

Last capture of the day using 123D Catch, it is cloudy here... good day for outside shooting.

69 photos on this one.

post-518-0-40344100-1386369861_thumb.png

Edited by digman