3DCoat Forums

[Solved] My Retopo mesh does not appear in the paint room

Grimmy

Go to solution Solved by Grimmy,

• Reputable Contributor

I have a very low poly mesh (a cube) which I created by retopologizing a voxel cube (interesting stuff eh). When I move to the paint room there is nothing in the viewport. Shouldnt it appear here? I have UV unwrapped it.

Hard to say with so little to go on. Can you ALT + SHIFT + S to save a screen grab (retopo room) and mention what steps you took? Could be a number of things, but we're blindfolded without some visual reference.

• Advanced Member

The first image shows my box retopo mesh in the retopo room. The second image shows my paint room after I have unwrapped and merged with NM too. ..but nothing is there. ( Note that the retopo mesh IS listed in the objects popup and the texture layers are listed) 

Also, I just exported the retopo mesh (as a .obj), then created a new file and hit Import Retopo mesh. The mesh is seemingly imported (The UVs are displayed) but nothing appears in the retopo room view port. See image 3.

post-37556-0-26586300-1388752096_thumb.p

post-37556-0-10686400-1388752104_thumb.p

post-37556-0-43658400-1388754582_thumb.p

Edited by Grimmy

• Reputable Contributor

Is that version more reliable? I started again in the end and everything currently seems to be working now. I'm not sure what happened?

Sometimes unexplainable behavior happens like that, and just a fresh restart fixes it. That and sometimes deleting the Options.XML file (in the MyDocs/3D Coat V4 directory). Don't know why either. But it's pretty rare. BTW, the DX version is both faster and more reliable than the OpenGL version.

Edited by AbnRanger