3DCoat Forums

4th Challenge - 3D Coat Winter Games

chingchong

• Contributor

Sculpting is done

post-24378-0-75040800-1391816891_thumb.j

Now texturing and retopo.

Edit:

What is the final resolution of the forum?

Picture should be nearly 3000x2000 but it get shrinked to 1200x700

Edited by Malo
  • Like 2

• Contributor

Nice helmet.

I think the mouth should be more definied.

It looks like a plane with a scratch on the middle.

Versuch mal die Lippen besser zu definieren. Ober und Unterlippe ein wenig mit Inflate verrunden damit es nicht so flach wirkt, und in der mitte wo sie zusammen kommen ein wenig mehr rein zu ziehen.

Thanks chingchong.

Will try to use an external uploader for the big images.

Edited by Malo

• Contributor

Retopo done.

post-24378-0-43644500-1392511186_thumb.j post-24378-0-13376600-1392511200_thumb.j post-24378-0-10552000-1392511211_thumb.j post-24378-0-81457300-1392511221_thumb.j

39 single objects,

6 objects retopod in blender the rest in 3d coat.

Maybe some areas are to highpoly.

Time to start texturing.

Render and pose would be created in Blender and Cycles.

We see us for the final image.

Edited by Malo
  • Like 2

• Advanced Member

Thats a cool finishing Malo :)

And overall good work in your wips, thanks for participating in the contest, even if there was not much frequency.

Maybe the guys here got tired over the last contests.

Hopefully it was not due to the Topic.

But hey, there is one great entry now :)

Edited by chingchong
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

I can not finish that until friday*, because I must - made more lessons in kind of (auto-)retopology*, but I will post also a small clip (turntable) and also some high-res rendered images of my work, ok? ;) So I can not texture until friday.

Its better to splitt large objects (e.g. with the extracting/clone tool) in some smaller peaces?! 

*But its okay, I don't want have more days ;) - I think I need 1-2 weeks more. But It looks great also in 3DCOAT in the VOXEL-Version ;)

Edited by Monkeybrain

Lots of great work in here. Monkeybrain, I would still submit a final, even if you don't consider it completed. :)

Also a reminder that this challenge ends in a few short days!

Another note, I'm changing how winners of each challenge are decided after this one. We'll do, as we did the the last one, a public poll with all of the final entries. This will be for every challenge moving forward.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Im ok with that, too bad I will not make it in time myself, to busy in buying a house and the financial loan...

I will work on it in my personal WIP.

@Javis: Just a short proposal for the poll, please dont forget an official Deadline for  poll closing.

Edited by chingchong
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

I know, the deadline is tomorrow, I did have problems with retopo, so I will post tomorrow my current status ;) its okay for me ... next time I will be faster in the overnext challange* ;) - Just I did have problems with autoretopo - e.g. my big star-table, I did extract my letters as layer for an or more own OBJ-parts - its better - because this star-object is huge, but the letters small and so I did have made my letters in a new extra layer.

*because in march I must build a ninja-fighter and a spaceship :)

Edited by Monkeybrain

• Advanced Member

Okay, today is the deadline - I'm so sorry, I did have some problems with Retopology / Autoretopology, and I must made some lessons for my skills. So I can also show a unfinished Icehockey-Gamer!

But I'm sure I will complete this in the next days very fine ...

FINAL - BUT JUST A PREVIEW - with 3DCOAT Render and Standard Shaders :blush:

Turntable - sorry for the bad Image Quality, but I could render only 2 Frames in a Minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0BTHcle-C0&feature=youtu.be

preview_by_zeropainter-d786fve.jpg

• Like 4

Im ok with that, too bad I will not make it in time myself, to busy in buying a house and the financial loan...

I will work on it in my personal WIP.

@Javis: Just a short proposal for the poll, please dont forget an official Deadline for  poll closing.

Alright, looks like this one is finished! Who do you choose as your champion?

Re:Poll - No problem. About 5-7 days seems long enough, but not too long.

Good luck buying your house! That's a huge deal. Where are you located?

No there is no poll for this challenge since chingchong chose not to use a poll, the winner of the last challenge decided the winner of this challenge. Chingchong chose Malo. So, Malo, you're up. :)

As I posted previous in this challenge, all future challenges will be decided by public poll.

• Like 1

@Javis:

For me it would be Malo, great work.

Thanks, im located in Karlsruhe, Germany, 50km south to Heidelberg (most german tourists know it, somehow, although its smaller than Karlsruhe).

Congrats Malo! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. If you need help, don't hesitate to PM me.

Chingchong, I checked out your area in photos, it looks really nice around there.