3DCoat Forums

Bizarre Texture Export Problem

Chip_M

This is really baffling and I don't have a clue what's going on here or how to fix it. I'm trying to export a displacement map from a retopo model I've UV'd and painted. The image below is what I'm getting. The displacement map appears to be flipped vertically and is underneath the shape of the correct UV layout which is occluding it so I'm ending up with some weird boolean combination of the two. How the @#$! did that happen? There's only one UV set on the mesh. Anyone have any theories, or more importantly, know how I can fix it?

90JLbFD.jpg

For reference, here's what the UV layout looks like

3CGmBZp.jpg

Check the baking scan depth please. Maybe this is the simple reason.

Additionally: I am mostly using Grey as 0 for displacement.

EDIT: Wait. It seems to be really flipped. Hm... strange. Never saw this. What options are you using?

It is worth to post it into mantis. But you should add the project file or the part, that is not working.

Don't think it would be scan depth. This is from the layers menu (export depth) and also from the textures menu (export displacement current layer) in the paint room. I'm using black normalized because it's not actually going to be used as a displacement map. It will end up being a layer mask in photoshop and then be repurposed as a spec map. The depth is all painted, not baked. Additionally when I merged from the retopo room for per pixel painting the normal map and AO both baked and saved fine. The baking scan settings in retopo are min/max both at 10. The texture baking tool is set to in/out depth of 1, but I'm not using it for this since it's just painted depth information I'm trying to save.

Edited by Chip_M