3DCoat Forums

how to uninstance imported copy?

grocer

i've made a scene of wall and rocks in max with diffent object build in 3D Coat with normalmap only.

I've around 8 differents block that I've multiplied to get a wall.

now, I d'like to get the wall back to 3ds coat in order to paint diffuse etc...

the trouble is that when I import my models, 3d coat instances all the copy together. it means when I paint on a stone, it paints the same thingon all copy of that stone!

the only way i've found is to save each stone separately, to import them separately in 3dcoat,

And if you want to have your normal maps loaded, you have to import them manually for each stone (because when merging it detects that the map is already loaded and doesn't import them).

any idea? any script?

(I cant even get the applink work to help me!!)

• Contributor

i've made a scene of wall and rocks in max with diffent object build in 3D Coat with normalmap only.

I've around 8 differents block that I've multiplied to get a wall.

now, I d'like to get the wall back to 3ds coat in order to paint diffuse etc...

the trouble is that when I import my models, 3d coat instances all the copy together. it means when I paint on a stone, it paints the same thingon all copy of that stone!

the only way i've found is to save each stone separately, to import them separately in 3dcoat,

And if you want to have your normal maps loaded, you have to import them manually for each stone (because when merging it detects that the map is already loaded and doesn't import them).

any idea? any script?

(I cant even get the applink work to help me!!)

maybe its because your blocks all share the same UVs....

try to separate the UV islands in Max before exporting....

thank for your answer.

i can't really play with the uv because I need them for the existing normal maps.

but I've tried something by breaking a, island in two parts, without moving them. It doesn't work.

the only way i found is to import in retopo room,

then to set new uv and move one by one the blok in each uv set before to merge patch per pixel...