3DCoat Forums

[SOLVED] I need basic help understanding the brushes etc

noobmeister

Hi Guys,

Noob question it is. :unsure: It seems that I have an unwanted effect or pattern on my brush that I cannot figure out how to get rid of. I start with a sphere under Voxel Sculpting and use the Move tool. The brush or tool I can resize and it has some red lines coming to a point facing upwards (don't know if that is my problem or not). When I try to sculpt the shape I draw or Move always looks like it has a pattern or edge on it like jagged edges where I want it to be smoothe. If I use Hide, it it rough around the edges. Is that all adjustable? It seems like I have an effect turned on but I can figure out how to turn it off.

Thanks,

NM

• Advanced Member

Meister Noobmeister, if you're getting edge artifacts using the move tool it probably means you need to change to a softer brush alpha and or raise the move tool's falloff. Hard alphas and low falloffs can create artifacts and overlaps using move.

Also you can Resample resolution up (or down) by your own chosen input - only if you press Res+ do you go up higher quickly depending on your original placed size in relation to the grid on a default vox layer.