3DCoat Forums

Tree leaves

Upon Infinity

• Advanced Member

For the sake of quick uv's on multiple leaves I would work in inverse of what you describe i.e remodel/design a tree based off a main trunk generated with a free tree generation program such as treesketch for the ipad or use fibermesh with zbrush for placements along existing polygons.

In other words keep the uved leafs generated and restyle/sculpt the trunk and branches in 3dcoat

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/treesketch/id421230117?mt=8

• 4 months later...
  • Advanced Member

You can certainly create a leaf in the Voxel Room and then retopo it with a plane.  Just be sure to give your leaf enough thickness an/or resoluation in the Voxel Room to support the mesh.  When you merge the retopo with it, it will be flat, but keep in mind the render might need Backface Culling turned off.  Paint away and then export the leaf.  Place it around the tree in another app.  I can't think of an easier way to deal with it in 3D Coat, unless you want to sculpt and retopo each leaf.  That's not something I would recommend.