3DCoat Forums

How to paint single polygons (sorry noob)?

madno

Hi there,

I am new to 3D-Coat so please forgive the noob question.

I imported a box, put it into UV room, made a UV map and switched to the paint room.

Now I like to fill the middle polygons of the box's top with white and the rest with black (later the texture should be used for a displacement test). But I am struggeling to paint only specific polygons. Trying it by hand strokes is not accurate enough.

Thanks for any help in advance.

post-6900-0-54883100-1395043146_thumb.pn post-6900-0-96662100-1395043153_thumb.pn post-6900-0-04802200-1395043160_thumb.pn

Thanks carlosan,

I am still in the office but will try it as soon as I am back home.

By the way, I noticed that your are a moderator. So maybe you are also the right one for something about the web site.

If I try to enter the forum via your main web site:

www.3d-coat.com -> menue "Community" -> entry "Forum"

then I land on:

http://3d-coat.com/community/forum/

and see an empty page.

If I change the URL manually to:

http://3d-coat.com/forum/

then the real forum start page appears.

Cheers,

madno.

Hi,

first, thanks for the "triangle" tip. It worked to only paint on individual polygons.

Regarding the website:

Sorry for posting here.

But as the question was asked. I am using Firefox 27.0.1

Could it be reladed to the "noscript" plugin I have installed? Maybe it is blocking a redirect or something like that.

But if I am the only one facing that strange behaviour, please ignore my message.

post-6900-0-90138500-1395091271_thumb.pn  post-6900-0-75555600-1395091280_thumb.pn

Ah! Yes, that is what is doing it. NoScript. I also use it, but there are some functions on the 3DC site that must be allowed for it to work properly (it is redirecting of course, but I've never had any issues with what it is redirecting to).

• Contributor

I also use NoScript and it doesn't give me any problems with 3D Coat's main site even if I mark the site as untrusted. Sure, you won't get any fancy slide shows or anything that uses scripts, but it's nowhere that bad as seen on the picture you posted. Perhaps it's some other thing?

Edited by ajz3d