3DCoat Forums

Selling my Octane Render Standalone license

Hi all, I'm selling my Octane Render Standalone license, since the new version doesn't support my old graphics card's CUDA version.  

A new purchase of version 1.20 goes for 199 EUR ($275 USD), but I'm asking $130 firm for my license.  

PM me for more information.  :)  

• Reputable Contributor

Hi all, I'm selling my Octane Render Standalone license, since the new version doesn't support my old graphics card's CUDA version.  

A new purchase of version 1.20 goes for 199 EUR ($275 USD), but I'm asking $130 firm for my license.  

PM me for more information.   :)

You might try to post this on both Lightwave's Forum (under the General Discussion section):

http://forums.newtek.com/forumdisplay.php?57-General-Discussion

...or the Modo Forums. Both have Octane plugins for them, and having the standalone is a requirement for those.

I tried to sell my license when it was owned by refro before and I believe the license is not transferrable. Has that changed with otoy owning it?

Not exactly.  I contacted OTOY and asked them about selling it privately to a third party, and they said this (I feel all right about copying it here because there was no disclaimer in the email saying I couldn't):

The OctaneLive license keys are non-transferable and there are no license transfers accepted on our end. If a license owner would like to pass on the software and the license key to a third party, then we assume this will be an agreement or arrangement between the license owner and the third party. The third party can use the license key that the owner has chosen to relinquish in order to activate a copy of OctaneRender, but the registration username is the same and the license key will remain under the same account. Any customer area support we can provide in terms of the related license key/s and OctaneRender editions will still be channeled through that respective account and the owner whose email address and details reflects that account. 

So essentially, I'm allowed to give up my account to a third party, for a small price :)