3DCoat Forums

More paint room tutorials.

Denis

• Advanced Member

i dont think you really need specific painting tutorials. just look for photoshop painting tutorials. all those skills should be transferable without too much trouble.

like "how to paint fur in photoshop"

I'm actually finding PS tutorials to be a pretty great resource.  Some concepts need to be ported to 3DC, but once you learn that workflow there's actually a lot more power using 3DC.  But it's kind of like watching Zbrush tutorials - the tools exist in 3DC as well for the most part, you just need to find out what they're called and how to tweak the options to get the effect from the tutorial.  

I've been doing all my hard surface texturing using a combination of PS texture creation workflow ported to 3DC, and then all my editing in GIMP 2.8.  

I'm working on a project for my portfolio, and right now I'm in the texturing stage.  I'm no texture painting guru, but maybe I'll start doing some screencasts.  

• Advanced Member

I did not imply it was easy... i think its one of the most difficult parts, because technology can only be a very limited amount of help,

Im struggling with this myself.