3DCoat Forums

4.1 Released! (Current stable version)

• Reputable Contributor

Thanks, indeed. It's amazing how much work has been done since V4 was officially released. Poor Mudbox. Being owned by Autodesk, they don't see this much development in 3-4 releases. Same could be said about 3ds Max...and it wouldn't be an exaggeration. :D.

Hey nice to hear about 4.1

just something about the steam version, the steam_api.dll is missing, so we can sync steam to say we are on the software and use the hub feature that steam offers :)

Bravo  Andrew !

Hey nice to hear about 4.1

just something about the steam version, the steam_api.dll is missing, so we can sync steam to say we are on the software and use the hub feature that steam offers :)

Bravo  Andrew !

Does Steam triggers error on running coat? I tried my 3D-Coat on steam it works properly. Maybe restart steam shell?

• Advanced Member

Yes been waiting for this. In regards to fuzz on the Steam sync issue. It does seem that I am also getting the same problem. Steam only recognizes me using 3D - Coat when I open/load a project if I start a new project it doesn't seem to show me using the app. It would be nice to have it working properly for the hub features cos I noticed that the Steam community page for 3D - Coat is pretty dead. I view it a lot at when I'm at work and I know fuzz does as well. 

Does Steam triggers error on running coat? I tried my 3D-Coat on steam it works properly. Maybe restart steam shell?

Nope, sorry Andrew, it seems that steam_api.dll is missing in the root directory , i made a screen for you :

7MYtb.png

EDIt : It seems that a steam_appid.txt with the steam appID  is necessary.

Edited by fuzzzzzz

• Reputable Contributor

I am still having some problems with the depth shaders in 4.1 for the Linux opengl version but before posting any information I will do a clean install of 4.1 to see if the problem is just due to updating through the ongoing beta process before the release of version 4.1 or just an issue with my hardware setup. The results will be posted in the beta thread in a day or two...

I downloaded the official version from 3DC's main website...

Again, this has been a great release, fixing bugs and adding new tools. I am looking forward to the paint room seeing your handiwork... :)

Edited by digman

Thanks Andrew! There are truly awesome changes.

Question: My license for v4 doesn't work for v4.1. v4.1 run as the demo version. v4.1 registeration shows me an error page: "Error! This Serial Key is for Version - 3" but upgrading page says "Already upgraded to V4".

v4.0 and the license works for me.

Need a payment for this update?

Nope, sorry Andrew, it seems that steam_api.dll is missing in the root directory , i made a screen for you :

EDIt : It seems that a steam_appid.txt with the steam appID  is necessary.

I added dll ant txt file, but updating of my 3d-coat from Steam was a bit problematic after that. It given me error on updating. But from the second time it succeed.

Btw, I am interested in feedback about "Export to Steam workshop" - does it produce what expected?

Please contact me via support@3d-coat.com

And big thanks to everyone for voices in support, patience and testing!!!

• Like 2

Thanks Andrew! There are truly awesome changes.

Question: My license for v4 doesn't work for v4.1. v4.1 run as the demo version. v4.1 registeration shows me an error page: "Error! This Serial Key is for Version - 3" but upgrading page says "Already upgraded to V4".

v4.0 and the license works for me.

Need a payment for this update?

Possibly you entered V3 key. Of course no payment need.

Remind keyt there:

http://3d-coat.com/buy-now/serial-remind/