3DCoat Forums
Andrew Shpagin

4.1 Released! (Current stable version)

Wow!  I can't imagine how so much can be done in such a relatively short time ( 4 -> 4.1).  Congrats to Andrew and the crew (and all the beta testers.) 

I just downloaded and tried out 4.1 and I must say. First impressions are it has improved a lot over the older versions. The sculpting feels a lot better than it did. Infact, it feels almost as good as Sculptris from the time I have spent with it. Excellent job team!!!

Andrew i would like to know what to expect with the Next version of 3Dcoat

4.1 is supposed to have a big push for the paint room. Paint layer groups is apparently going to happen (which I am really looking forward to), and hopefully Photoshop compatible masks and the ability to dissable texture culling as well.

PBR would be nice I agree, It's taking over rapidly in the games space; Marmoset 2, UE4, Cryengine, Unity5, etc. all have it. The new Substance Painter app also has it.

Hi,

Subdivision brush in surface mode will break a surface. After the brush's applied, freezing area tears apart and some polygons have gone.
Is there any point to use the brush?

Andrew,

Congratulations on getting 4.1 out!  I haven't had a chance to test the last release, but I know you've worked hard to get it done.  We really appreciate it.

Can anyone tell me if 4.1 allows you to move a window (UV preview, etc...) out of the main shell and onto a dual monitor? My current version does not allow for this and it feels very confining.

Thanks!

After running into some problems with 4.1.0, I just downloaded 4.1.1 to see if there are improvements.

And well, there indeed are many improvements! Thank you for fixing the 4.1.0 problems!

Also, thank you for implementing symmetry on multiple axes at once!

Besides that, I have to say that -in my opinion- those minor design changes (symmetry plane and brush "crosshair" colors) really make 3d-Coat more pleasant on the eyes.

EDIT:

I almost forgot about the Constructor-tool! It's awesome! Now you can create volume very quickly, yet precisely!

Edited by Shu

Hello, I just upgraded to 4.1.17 and noticed some really great changes considering I was expecting only some minor tweaks to the program.  However, I noticed I no longer have the 3d grid in the render window.  Has this been disabled?    Is there no longer a method of turning it back on?  I thought this strange since if I didn't want it there I could have the option of having it there or not.  I actually liked including the grid in a lot of my render screenshots.

Unticking Hide visual guides should handle this, but it looks like it doesn't have any effect any more. I can see the same problem in 4.5. Maybe you should fill in a bug report?