3DCoat Forums

How do you draw straight lines with pose? (in tranpose mode)

NinjaTaco

Transpose Mode

Select with pen

Hotkey E

paint with drawn contour

pick once. where the line begin

pick twice, where the line ends.

When you pick twice need to hold LMB clicked to continue drawing the line to finish the contour

post-10142-0-54496700-1396444248_thumb.j

• Contributor

@Carlosan I don't think this is what he was asking for. He wants to hold down SHIFT and pull the line mode in Pose Tool exactly vertical or exactly horizontal (while holding down SHIFT key). You can do this with Photoshop selection tools, and it should be the same in 3D-Coat. This should be a feature request.

• Advanced Member

@Carlosan I don't think this is what he was asking for. He wants to hold down SHIFT and pull the line mode in Pose Tool exactly vertical or exactly horizontal (while holding down SHIFT key). You can do this with Photoshop selection tools, and it should be the same in 3D-Coat. This should be a feature request.

^This

• Reputable Contributor

I asked Andrew about that and his response was the 2D Grid + Snapping was designed for this purpose. I agree. It works...you can assign a hotkey for both 2D Grid and 2D snapping...but it is still more of a work-around than a built-in feature to make precise line selections. I've also asked for the very same type of FFD options that you have in the Primitives tool. Once again, there is a lack of consistency. In the Primitives tool, with FFD chosen, you have options to arbitrarily designate how many segments you want on a given axis. You could set 3 x 5 if you wanted. Not so in the Pose tool. You only have a few preset options.

Also, I asked for the ability to manipulate not only the overall cage/lattice to make it better fit the selection...but there is a need to be able to move/rotate/scale the segments & control points to better conform the cage to the object. This is prior to deforming the object. The better the cage conforms to the object, the more precise the deformations will be. You can do this in Max and Maya, and the way the FFD cage is now...it is still somewhat rudimentary until Andrew adds this functionality.

Maybe we can add all 3 together in one request, since it involves the same tool?  

• Contributor
I asked Andrew about that and his response was the 2D Grid + Snapping was designed for this purpose. I agree. It works...you can assign a hotkey for both 2D Grid and 2D snapping...but it is still more of a work-around than a built-in feature to make precise line selections. I've also asked for the very same type of FFD options that you have in the Primitives tool. Once again, there is a lack of consistency. In the Primitives tool, with FFD chosen, you have options to arbitrarily designate how many segments you want on a given axis. You could set 3 x 5 if you wanted. Not so in the Pose tool. You only have a few preset options.

Also, I asked for the ability to manipulate not only the overall cage/lattice to make it better fit the selection...but there is a need to be able to move/rotate/scale the segments & control points to better conform the cage to the object. This is prior to deforming the object. The better the cage conforms to the object, the more precise the deformations will be. You can do this in Max and Maya, and the way the FFD cage is now...it is still somewhat rudimentary until Andrew adds this functionality.

Maybe we can add all 3 together in one request, since it involves the same tool?

Yeah sounds good to me!