3DCoat Forums

[SOLVED] Painting question - "overwrite depth"

John LaBrie

Hello,

I'm new to 3D Coat and I am currently focused on painting. I do have a question regarding painting depth.

As for color and specularity, when opacity is on 100%, you are overwriting the information on the layer you are painting on. However, with depth, it appears to be adding to the information rather than overwriting it.

I tried changing the "Add depth" in the Layers tab to other options, such as "Choose maximum depth" or "Supress depth", but none of these choices do what I want. Regarding depth, they interact with the previous depth info on the layer and don't overwrite it.

What I want is to paint my model from various angles, and where I need to fill in the gaps, I want to use a soft brush to paint texture including color, specularity and depth to blend in with the previously painted texture. That's fine for color and spec, but depth doesn't blend, it adds. I attached a picture, notice the intersection of my strokes is raised. Depth is added there. I need to overwrite depth. Please help!

post-38369-0-80399100-1396303430_thumb.j