3DCoat Forums

3d coat video on main page pulled by NATOarts

I wonder why Youtube allows people to complain and then pull the video.

They did that to me on a video that I included credits. I had to talk to them to get the video back. 

I was planning on showing that video to a friend of mine but now I cannot cause its offline. :/ 

Steven

• Reputable Contributor

What happened is Youtube is very strict, even though they give you access/permission to add audio directly to your video from their library of thousands of audio tracks...which we did...they don't allow you to take that content outside, and bring it back in. Not for the ones that have an ad, anyway. All we did was try to add about 30sec to the audio, to make it fit the video (length). Basically done by copying a segment and "mixing" it in where needed. Just a very slight modification, and then re-upload the video.

They didn't explain, but basically they get paid by the ads, and when you take the content out to modify it or just simply re-upload it, the content is no longer linked to the ads that pay them. So, we are complying by adjusting the video to fit the original length and adding the audio strictly within Youtube. Pretty rigid, but that's the rules I guess.

• Contributor

@AbnRanger, are you talking about why the 3D-Coat Version 4.1 promo video was missing from YouTube for a few days? I wanted to share it, but it was gone! Then I also noticed the link was broken on Phil Nolan's post on CG Talk. After a while I saw the video was back up on YouTube so I let Phil know and he fixed his link on CG Talk. Then I was also finally able to share the new link with my animation group on Facebook.

Anyways, thanks for sharing with us why it was down, it's interesting to hear that YouTube has a library of free audio, but it's sad that it can't be edited even slightly!

• Reputable Contributor

@AbnRanger, are you talking about why the 3D-Coat Version 4.1 promo video was missing from YouTube for a few days? I wanted to share it, but it was gone! Then I also noticed the link was broken on Phil Nolan's post on CG Talk. After a while I saw the video was back up on YouTube so I let Phil know and he fixed his link on CG Talk. Then I was also finally able to share the new link with my animation group on Facebook.

Anyways, thanks for sharing with us why it was down, it's interesting to hear that YouTube has a library of free audio, but it's sad that it can't be edited even slightly!

Yes, that's the one. It's a shame you can't even do something as simple as ramp the volume at the beginning and end. We'll not use that option next time around...obviously. :)

• Like 1