3DCoat Forums

Texture resize is super slow and hogs all 16gb memory

HI!

I've got a project with multiple uv sets and while importing they got to be set to 64x64 to get the inital import done. (As the import with "keep uv" also slags down.)

Anyhow when I try to resize the maps to 4096x4096 I can do 4 out of 5 one at a time but the last one causes 3Dcoat to hog up 15gb of my 16gb memory and quite frankly seize the whole machine.

Any advice with this?

-Goat

-edit It seems there was a bad island in the uvset that bugged out. Still the resize is pretty heavy.

Edited by HorribleGoat

I've been experiencing this as well. I consider it a bug, but I can't reproduce it every time. Would you mind submitting a mantis report and sending your file directly to Andrew? The email is: support AT 3d-coat DOT com

I'll do that, though sending the model is not possible at this time I believe I can produce a file that will always hang up on import with the same problem. 

I will look into it when I have more time.

Thanks Javis.

-Goat

If it requires a NDA, just send us the NDA as well. Though if you can send another file that it can be reproduced in, that's good too. I'd really like to see this bug squashed if we can get it. You're our only hope, Obi HorribleGoat-y! :p

• 2 weeks later...