3DCoat Forums

Brush Packs

AbnRanger

• Reputable Contributor

Glad to share. Hope it helps. Here is a small group of Sci-Fi brushes. Maybe others can add to them by using some of their Hard Surface objects to create some 3D Brush alpha's, as they go.

Sci Fi Brush pack:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5zx7iMKxeu5LXFreUNHamN0cmc/edit?usp=sharing

post-1118-0-98947500-1397325071_thumb.jp

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Reputable Contributor

...you can RMB click on the brush alpha > choose "EDIT IN EXTERNAL EDITOR" > 3D Coat will open it up in Photoshop for you > Save to MyDocs/3D Coat V4/Textures/Strips if you want to use that same alpha as a Strip, as it's a lot easier to work with than having to fiddle with spacing and all (in the Brush Options Panel) as just a brush alpha.

Figured that might save a little frustration.

Ranger, I created a folder C:\Users\Grunt\Documents\3D-CoatV4\ToolsPresets\CustomBrush. I put your brushes in the custom brush folder and installed as you suggested above. 

I do not see these brushes anywhere and I restarted the app after each install? Sorry, I'm new to Coat.

Thanks

• Reputable Contributor

Ranger, I created a folder C:\Users\Grunt\Documents\3D-CoatV4\ToolsPresets\CustomBrush. I put your brushes in the custom brush folder and installed as you suggested above. 

I do not see these brushes anywhere and I restarted the app after each install? Sorry, I'm new to Coat.

Thanks

Ok, with those installed, you can go to the Brush Pallet and find a little menu list toggle in the upper right portion of that pallet. Click on that and under the FOLDER option, see if you cannot see those folders (3DC Brushes, etc.) listed there. If not, when you click that toggle, you can choose ADD EXISTING FOLDER. Just point to the MyDocs/3D Coat V4/Textures/Patterns directory and see if 3D Coat didn't create folders named accordingly, for you, there.

• Like 1

Ok, I got them to show up but why do I have to do that for every brush? Meaning, when I click the build brush all those brushes no longer show but if I jump back to the airbrush where I imported them the first time they are still there? Is this a workflow thing I don't understand why all those custom brushes would not show for every tool?

Awesome brushes by the way, think I just lost an hour playing with them :)

• Reputable Contributor

Ok, I got them to show up but why do I have to do that for every brush? Meaning, when I click the build brush all those brushes no longer show but if I jump back to the airbrush where I imported them the first time they are still there? Is this a workflow thing I don't understand why all those custom brushes would not show for every tool?

Awesome brushes by the way, think I just lost an hour playing with them :)

If you go to the EDIT menu > Preferences > General tab....about midway down, uncheck "Remember Brush Shape for every tool." 3D Coat tries to remember the brush alpha you last used with a given tool, by default. Sometimes that's useful...sometimes it's a PITA.

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

Hi AbnRanger thanks for sharing this massive library of brushes. I know this post is a couple of years old but are these brushes tileable? I haven't tried downloading them yet so I don't know if the links still work (currently at work, unable to try).

• Reputable Contributor

Hi AbnRanger thanks for sharing this massive library of brushes. I know this post is a couple of years old but are these brushes tileable? I haven't tried downloading them yet so I don't know if the links still work (currently at work, unable to try).

I'm not sure what you mean by tileabe. If you are trying to project a tileable texture onto your model, then brushes aren't really what you want to use, A blank Smart Material, using Camera projection is basically the same as using the old Materials panel and you can turn tiling on to project tiled images.

You could also start from the splash screen > Paint on UV map mesh > choose one of the tiled plane presets and experiment with one of those to see if that is what you are looking for

145243261193.jpg145243263942.jpg

• Reputable Contributor

Ahh cool I didn't know this was possible. Thanks again!

Glad to help. Stencils are similar, except as the name implies, it uses grayscale images to mask as you paint/sculpt, just like a stencil would in the real world. There is a button called TILING in the upper left part of that Preview Options panel. It lets you toggle tiling of the image on and off.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Carlosan pinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
On 4/12/2014 at 6:48 AM, AbnRanger said:

I tried to upload some brush-packs to the DOWNLOAD > RESOURCE section of the mainpage, but it has not been a successful venture. Wasted a lot of time trying to do so....so I guess I'll just try to share them here.

1) 3DC Brushes

Random collection of brush alpha's containing cracks, wrinkles, reptile scales, etc.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5zx7iMKxeu5Z016VFZGR3FYQ00/edit?usp=sharing

2) Cracks & Wrinkles

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5zx7iMKxeu5SHRValA5Qk9iWTQ/edit?usp=sharing

3) Reptile Skin/Scales

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5zx7iMKxeu5bC1JNGYwbGgyRjA/edit?usp=sharing

I always envied the brushes that could be seen during your tutorials. Incredible that those are available! Thanks a lot!

• Thanks 1