3DCoat Forums

Saving Brush Presets And Extensions Packs For Sharing?

• Advanced Member

If I shared a brush preset collection does it's relevant alpha brushes get saved with it?

I've been creating brush tool presets but some of the brush alphas are from different folder collection, some use modified and newly named LiveClay tools.

Would I have to include all the folders these brush alphas are from as well as any created LiveClay tools they reference in an extension pack save?

Not sure of the best way to go about this because it seems the brush presets reference the various folders that the brush alphas are from.

If my Preset brushes reference seven different brush alphas from seven different folders - do all these folders,  each with there many different alphas that are not utilized with the brush preset also have to be saved? My concern is saving an extension pack with bloated folders of alphas when the user only requires the few brush alphas referenced from each folder?

What I want is to multi select a chosen selection of Presets from a Preset Collection and for the saved extension pack to save only the brush alphas required to a singular new folder as well as auto saving any user created liveclay tools referenced by the Presets.

Heyelp.

Yours confused

• Contributor

when saving a .3dcpack file you get to choose any alphas you want among your folders individually.

dont use the .preset format.

Just use the .3DCpack format where you can choose alphas/presets individually all togethher.

• Contributor

sorry,you're right you can only selct folders. I forgot because my presets only use like 5 alphas in a single folder.

What you can do tough even if its  alittle boring to do .

Is to transfer the alphas that are used in a standalone folde and reassig/update each of your presets.

As I said its gonna be a little boring to do but you'll get a very lightweight pack that will also benefit you ,especially if your presets are your main tool/brushes.

• Advanced Member

Artman - thank you for confirming that.

I was hoping to avoid the boring bit :-)

Thanks also for your suggestion - useful I'm sure for any one else also searching this topic.

If only there was a function to copy and point a selected preset's alpha to an assigned folder , or a way to auto copy multi selected preset's alphas to an assigned folder when saving out an extension pack - the task of selecting presets to share would be far quicker.