3DCoat Forums

Import Image as Mesh / Normals and Occlusion

FreezeFrame

• Advanced Member

Hello. Again!!!

I'm "importing image as mesh", seamless stone as textures. A texture map and a Heightmap are used. Apply in surface there's the mesh with bump displacement and the textures applied to the mesh in the voxel room. Now in the retopo room, it's been retopoed and shows the texture on the high poly also. Merging to perpixel with normalmap. I lose my texture in the paint room, the normal map layer have no effect and the occlusion layer is black. So missing a step here....... I don't want to bake the texture but keep it and apply it to the low poly and then bake the occlusion and normal map layers for perpixel.

Edited by FreezeFrame

• Advanced Member

Actually I can import the diffuse, normal, and occlusion(or calculate occlusion in the paint room) paint room.

I can't seem to get very good light angles for calculating occlusion in the paint room on flat surfaces....

I just tried a retopoed sphere, merged the same way to the paint room and the normal map and occlusion are ok. This happens when Importing image as mesh and continue to the merge with perpixel with N.M.

*So it looks like that the only problem would be that some normal details are lost from voxel details if any changes. Oh well for now!

Only happens when I import image as mesh...

Edited by FreezeFrame