3DCoat Forums

New manual for 3D-Coat 2.10!

This is almost completely new manual for 3D-Coat. It corresponds to 3D-Coat 2.10 (retopo manual is also included)

www.3d-coat.com/files/2-10-10Edited4.pdf

www.3d-coat.com/files/2-10-10Edited4.doc

BIG thanks to Luo Chen (lc8b105) for really HUGE work over new manual.

I was not able to update manual well but he has done it !!!

Manual has grown in volume almost twice.

Please give your feedback and post syntax/logical errors there if you will find.

BIG thanks to Luo Chen (lc8b105) for really HUGE work over new manual.

I was not able to update manual well but he has done it !!!

Manual has grown in volume almost twice.

Please give your feedback and post syntax/logical errors there if you will find.

Thanks for the new manuals! It helps a noob like me to really understand all the function.

Of course thanks to lc8b105 for helping Andrew that as some volumetric things to do!

Ciao

Luca

Good job on fleshing out all the inner workings of 3DC!

It would be great if we could breakout the list of tools under "13. Tools Panel" in the Table of Contents so that we can quickly find help on each of the tools. For example, I was trying to find information on the new Re-topology tool, but had to sort through 60+ pages to find it.

On page 99, recommend changing "Regimes of Drawing" to Drawing Operations.

Also on page 99 under "Regimes of Drawing", what does "Withershins angle of pen rotation" mean? I can't find the meaning of withershins.

Is it possible to get a .doc version? That way we can run it through Word to quickly check for spelling and grammar mistakes. I tried to convert the pdf with a couple free conversion programs on the net, but they all said that the pdf file was either corrupt or encrypted.

Quite a job to keep up with all the great tips & keyboard shortcuts that are given out on the forum everyday! MG

• Advanced Member
It would be great if we could breakout the list of tools under "13. Tools Panel" in the Table of Contents so that we can quickly find help on each of the tools. For example, I was trying to find information on the new Re-topology tool, but had to sort through 60+ pages to find it.

Do you know how to use Bookmarks? That will help you. :)

post-445-1223206778_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
On page 99, recommend changing "Regimes of Drawing" to Drawing Operations.

Thanks, have changed.

Also on page 99 under "Regimes of Drawing", what does "Withershins angle of pen rotation" mean? I can't find the meaning of withershins.

Withershins means "Anti-clockwise", it's the dialect of English used in Scotland I think. Maybe it is better to change it to "anticlockwise" ?

Is it possible to get a .doc version?

Wait Andrew to answer this question.

• Advanced Member

Hi,

Has anyone printed this pdf successfully,when I have tried I get a small image per sheet as though its been scattered over several pages.

Is it possible that I do not have the correct printer settings? any help appreciated as I have not tried printing from a pdf before.

Thanks

Jim

• Advanced Member
Hi everyone!!!!!

Luo Chen, thanx again for GREAT work on manual!!!

Here's a .doc version with some corrections (missing letter, some wrong or extra letters, missing "space" and so on...)

I know that it's still not perfect...

Use it!!!!! ... and happy coating :-)

Thank you very much!

But is it possible to let us know where these errors were? (mark these errors where you edited)

1. It will help us a lot to avoid the same errors in the future.

2. Because we have already collected some feedbacks and have edited once, the manual you edited is "3/10/2008" and you see the doc file Andrew provided above is "4/10/2008" , so without these errors marked, it's hard for us to make the final edit. (I'm lost now...)

Thanks for you great effort!

• Advanced Member
Oops, looks like I'm slow on the draw, but here's a corrected version I made also. It uses MS Word's "Reviewing" toolbar to track the changes made. You can see / accept / deny the changes automatically. Hope this helps, but really there wasn't that much to correct. A wonderful job on the updates! MG

Thanks goodrichm, the marks you made are very intuitive. ^_^

• Advanced Member

Can the manual updates be in the first post so we don't have to fish through the entire thread to find a later version? And also have them named so we know they are the latest?

And if you're going to do .docs as well as PDFs, can they both be updated simultaneously, or just stick to one (preferably PDF)?

Thanks..

Can the manual updates be in the first post so we don't have to fish through the entire thread to find a later version? And also have them named so we know they are the latest?

And if you're going to do .docs as well as PDFs, can they both be updated simultaneously, or just stick to one (preferably PDF)?

Thanks..

I have add link to doc to first post. So PDF/DOC are recent there.

Withershins means "Anti-clockwise", it's the dialect of English used in Scotland I think. Maybe it is better to change it to "anticlockwise" ?

Actually I've never heard anticlockwise either, though at least I could understand what it means. In US English (at least as far as I know) it's "counter-clockwise".