3DCoat Forums

Retopo Room Transform Question

GregP

• Reputable Contributor

You can move verts, edges and faces with the "Move Vertices" tool. In Auto mode (in the toolbar, at the top of the UI), you can hover over the item you want to manipulate. You can move geometry in a painterly fashion with the Brush tool. But if you want to do simple transform operations, the Transform tool is the intended option.

Cheers guys, I'm a 3D Max user mainly so it's all new to me.

Is it possible to select a loop of edges and then extrude them? in 3D Max you can select a loop of edges hold shift and then drag out / extrude a new loop.

• Reputable Contributor

Please email Andrew this request (support@3d-coat.com) and emphasize just how handy this tool is. I'm a 3ds Max user, myself and I've been banging the table for this and a few other tools, for over a year, now.

http://3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14525

These additions would make 3D Coat a pretty decent, if not great poly-modeling toolset. Cause sometimes there are objects that are better handled in a Poly-modeling environment, and having a robust set of modeling tool there would allow the artist to do most all of their modeling in the same app. The Retopo Room is pretty close but not quite there, yet. Andrew has hired some new help, and I think that this area is one they plan to have addressed with the new help...it's just going to take some time for them to get adjusted to Andrew's coding structure.