3DCoat Forums

tiled sculpting - paint, shaders, and separate volumes

worldcrafter

• Advanced Member

The surface mode for creating seamless textures works, but is lacking allot (it seems to me). please say if you know a work around or method to the problem below

# If i wanted to make a pebbles and dirt floor texture, i need to paint the pebbles and the dirt, is it possible to have multiple volumes work with the tiling system so I can paint or apply shaders to the dirt and pebbles separately?

Edited by worldcrafter

• Advanced Member

ok, its double the width of each instance. silly me was trying to make to make instances that were badly overlapping, look seamless..

ONE MORE QUESTION; can i make the colors, bumpmapping and specularity from shaders, affect the the Export of the maps along the y axis?

• Advanced Member

I made 4 instances of the same pebbles/stones model and made 4 stances of the same dirt model, I then applied a shader to the dirt and a shader for the rocks. I also put a little highlight and paint on the rocks and dirt

be9w4.pngAfter export, the color map looked like this

2ileis2.png

The shaders have not influenced the color or normal or specular map in any way.

Can i make the shaders show up in my exported maps?

Edited by worldcrafter

• Advanced Member

The one voxel layer you see in my first screenshot does not contain anything and even when deleted, My problem still persists.

Your suggestion of putting a plane above it and scanning it did not work very well and would be very fiddly and time consuming to get the scanning right, a quick go gave me this result.

142y5qc.png

Could you suggest this to Andrew; How useful it would be to have the "export depth along y" take shaders into account?

Edited by worldcrafter

well... this is the common workflow, yes

i duno if export shader as color its possible...  :huh:  because any shader must be baked first.

but yes, is a big time saver for sure...

0001538: Export deep along Y - could shaders color, bump, spec be exported too ?

• 3 months later...