3DCoat Forums

What Are You Working On ?

Carlosan

@all:

Are you so kind and post your images into your free personal 3D Coat forum gallery too? In this case the admins are able to feature great works on the front page.

:-)

Thank you

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Hi Carlosan,

Looks great!

Maybe you'd be interested in this: https://developer.nvidia.com/hairworks 

BeatKitano, that's a really strong character, she's cool.  Is the coloring vertex paint?

Edited by online offworld

• Contributor

Online offworld: Yes it is.

"Fast blob splatting" of saturday afternoon, the way you do it by throwing balls of clay at the "undefined mass" at the start of a sculpt with real clay  ;)

I don't know if I'll finish it, was fun at start not so much now.  I will. 

Golaem.png

Sculpted and rendered in 3dcoat.

• Like 7

• Advanced Member

im making a spider. Used 3d coat for basic sculpting, retopo and uv unwrapping. Will probably do the texture painting there too.

rest done in cinema 4D

fiCTFym.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Well thanks to the awesome help on these forums i made progress :)

painted in 3d coat. Then added hair in cinema4D. and final render there too.

jeadpzNN6DzIy.png

Edited by Aleksey
  • Like 3

• Advanced Member

Multiple crashes. Disappearing geometry in the retopo room. Symmetry mirror flipping on it's own in the retopo room. Odd artifacts from merging. Symmetry planes/axes randomly moving on their own in the voxel room. No easy way to sample a symmetry axes from a voxel layer to apply to a new/existing layer. In general, a toolset that probably isn't suited to the work I was trying to produce.

I honestly do enjoy the software, but I haven't used it for this kind of thing very often. I suspect I just need to utilize a different software package for the outcome I was pursuing. The bugs were obviously not a fun experience as well, but I was using a beta version so a lot of the blame there could be put on my shoulders.

Edited by b33nine

• Contributor

Nice hard surf work b33nine, I don't understand hard surface sculpting in 3dc so kudos here.

Result of tonight texturing session on twitch with no uv (autounwrap from 3dc) came out pretty decent for something with such crappy base (tpology is terrible too, but the goal was to have fun texturing oldschool on low poly).

Wargarbl04.png

• Like 4

• Contributor

There's a record of this one (took a while I thought twitch failed) here.

And there'll be another one tomorrow. I rarely do hilight so my streams general disappear after 14 days (if I remember correctly the twitch rules).

Btw I was just watching the beginning: damn a lot of holes... Andrew need to fix this, I hotkeyed the "close holes" function because it happens sooo much. (not the place I know but this way I may remember).