3DCoat Forums

What Are You Working On ?

Carlosan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

just doodles while I setup my brush presets.

Very cool. Had not thought about using the Toon Inkline look when uploading models to Sketchfab. Definitely gonna have to try that. :good:

• 2 weeks later...

Great work in this thread! I'm getting more comfortable with 3DCoat and am in the middle of a traditional favorite subject. Not the most dynamic pose, more a study of anatomy and getting to know the brushes. Current favorite is Rapid2.

post-39209-0-82406500-1440180870_thumb.j

Edited by BringItBack
  • Like 2

Been jumping between SD and 3D Coat for my PBR textures and I have to say 3D Coat is winning me over.

Now I can import the whole set in as one object and separate them by poly group then export with one click.

It makes it super quick to do. Bit did take me a while to get the normal going in the right direction. This is a

3D Coat render with sharpen filter applied. This is bound for DAZ3D for the new Genesis 3 Female figure.

xV8PBbk.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just building up some personal experience with 3DC voxel tools, in the present case with Cut out and Vox Hide mainly. Simple but very fun to do. Here's a test concept with  rampart/battlement wall segment (and I just put a smart material on it for visualisation purposes, nothing final). This will probalby be used to make static meshes for a Skyrim Mod (Hoddminir, for anyone interested ;) )

wall_v3.jpg

• Like 1

Haven't posted on these forums in ages and just got back into using 3DC after upgrading my licence. First time posting any WIP anywhere but thought I'd actually give it a shot for once. Still need to start on the human part of it and also get some legs in.

Manipede.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working on a statuette of a comic book character. First time I've been trying to make something more dynamic than just game characters. Seems to be difficult keeping the lines as clean and straight as I'd like on the hair. They keep getting a bit wobbly, early progress still though.

ed3b20cc355014f99a4c8104ed3896eb.png

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello there,

I just started to trying 3d-coat. It's my second sculpt expirience, before was in mudbox ).
I made clothes in marvelous. Detals, gloves, boots, weapons, furniture and head in 3dcoat.

Maybe i should make a WIP...

prew.jpg?dl=0

post-10142-0-81426700-1460109890_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This is my first time trying my hand at modelling, so I decided to start easy and do hard surface stuff first. I (almost) finished the manual retopo phase (which was really tedious, far from the "just wrap everything in polygons" I expected) and will soon move on to painting.

cxaprXz.pngkFVjcGZ.png

c4sQcNZ.png

I have a small issue, though. The frame and barrel (upper part) are symetrical meshes, but the lower part is a single mesh that takes both sides of the plane. As a result the AO is symetrical on the upper part, but not on the lower part, which makes it looks like one side has a lighter color than the other:

mhnQ7Wc.pngn7uIOlZ.png

Can someone here explain to a newbie like me how such a problem can be handled? Is there a way to ensure the AO "sources" are symmetrical relative to the symmetry plane when baking?

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

@Axel6430

I think the issue might be related to the material you're using on the sculpt/hi-poly version. In that it will bake the light direction information along with it. The reason you're not seeing this effect on the upper parts is because (I believe) they are also using symmertrical/overlayed UV's? Try using the default shader (applied in the sculpt room) and do a re-bake. Then see what the results look like.

If you're using any of the later beta versions, I think the shaders have all changed... I have no idea what results you get when baking from these as I'm not on any betas.

Lastly, if you're still having issues I recommend starting a whole new thread.

• 1 month later...