3DCoat Forums

What Are You Working On ?

Carlosan

Playing around with custom shaders and textures and applying it to enviornments :)

View_01.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

Hey Everyone,

Long time no post :)

Been working all year coding stuff (planetary terrain) but been promising myself for months that I'd start spending a bit of time getting back into doing some character stuff.

So I sat down at lunch time today and did a practice run sculpting a pelvic bone (I chose it because I find the shape hard to get my head around):

Pretty happy with how it turned out and very happy with how cool the new shaders look :) 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member

I am new here and working currently on this composition, I want some cyberpunk wibe to this image, something like old school shadworun poster. I will use 3d coat models as base but not sure how far to go with them since I plan doing post painting in photoshop

inglory.jpg

inglorious.jpg

• Advanced Member

Hi! Happy to see a new member work!
The more you refine your character shapes in 3D coat, the more the paint-over in Photoshop will be easy.
With a good rendering within 3dCoat, you'll get the light info that makes the paint-over process easier.
ShadowRun is great. I like the slightly colored dark atmosphere.
You've got plenty of handy tools in 3dCoat to speed up the character creation process (Cloth for example).
I think there's a video about it on my Wip thread around page 40.
Keep on the good work!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Very nearly done with my first "art piece" done entirely in 3DCoat. Just need to spend a little time with the lights and getting good angles and renders out of it now.

Went a little overboard on the texture resolutions though I think, my file size is around 3.5 GB now, takes several minutes to open it up and freezes for a good 20 seconds every time I attempt to change any layer settings. Oh well, worth putting up with for a one off project, but it'd be rather annoying if I tried doing stuff like this more frequently. :D

c6aec48b3c9c09518c8ca5581410aeec.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Early stages of a Skin Builder I am making using 3DC  by applying a  combination of smart materials. Some hand painting is required using a smart material for different color zones of the face.  It is not a one click solution but a building up of layers and the use of blending modes. I would say I am at the alpha stage  in development seeing what works what does not. 

Model is not completely done everywhere like old man wrinkes. I working on just the skin texture atm.  I also got rid of the skin texture that was in the scanned model to create my own skin. Used the sculpt room to smooth out the skin texture that was present.

4k textures.

Ok, everyone has seen this model on the net since it was graciously provided by Ten24, a few years past.

LOL, of course the texture is on the slight bit of hair he has.. 

http://ten24.info/tag/free-3d-scan/

beforeafter.PNG

Edited by digman
corrections.
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Some test I made using 100% 3D-Coat, well, except for one brick's sculpt (ZBrush) but the wall itself was done on 3DCoat. The Tile Plane is an excellent tool, I love it but I'd love that the issue with curvature/AO bake could be fixed one day, I can manually edit both maps on photoshop but a stable bake could save hours of painful editing and unleash our creativity =)

3DCoat-TileTests.thumb.jpg.eb13b42db7a5046c0236805abd67a380.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have been working on this for a couple months (modelled in Hexagon). It has a fully detailed undercarriage. But the mats have been completely done in 3dC (all bar the chrome trims on the guard covers) Have used the PS bridge to do some work on the decals. But have a nice collection of international decals for this now. I am hoping to have this ready to rig by next weekend.

But I need to create smart materials and I don't know how to. I have Filterforge 7, but don't know how to transfer the tiles for use as a 3dC smart Materials preset. That's a small frustration. Would love a quick how to on that.

Stay well ppl :)

RaceMats test_01.png

wfs - !Default Wheels.png

• Like 1