3D Coat Forums
Carlosan

What Are You Working On ?

Just building up some personal experience with 3DC voxel tools, in the present case with Cut out and Vox Hide mainly. Simple but very fun to do. Here's a test concept with  rampart/battlement wall segment (and I just put a smart material on it for visualisation purposes, nothing final). This will probalby be used to make static meshes for a Skyrim Mod (Hoddminir, for anyone interested ;) )

wall_v3.jpg

• Like 1

Haven't posted on these forums in ages and just got back into using 3DC after upgrading my licence. First time posting any WIP anywhere but thought I'd actually give it a shot for once. Still need to start on the human part of it and also get some legs in.

Manipede.jpg

• Like 3

I'm working on a statuette of a comic book character. First time I've been trying to make something more dynamic than just game characters. Seems to be difficult keeping the lines as clean and straight as I'd like on the hair. They keep getting a bit wobbly, early progress still though.

ed3b20cc355014f99a4c8104ed3896eb.png

• Like 5

I just started to work with 3DC. Here is my day one voxel sculpt image. Will be updating as i progress.(Big shout out to the creators This is an amazing software)

post-39955-0-95248500-1450816010_thumb.j

• Like 2

Hello there,

I just started to trying 3d-coat. It's my second sculpt expirience, before was in mudbox ).
I made clothes in marvelous. Detals, gloves, boots, weapons, furniture and head in 3dcoat.

Maybe i should make a WIP...

prew.jpg?dl=0

post-10142-0-81426700-1460109890_thumb.j

• Like 2

This is my first time trying my hand at modelling, so I decided to start easy and do hard surface stuff first. I (almost) finished the manual retopo phase (which was really tedious, far from the "just wrap everything in polygons" I expected) and will soon move on to painting.

cxaprXz.pngkFVjcGZ.png

c4sQcNZ.png

I have a small issue, though. The frame and barrel (upper part) are symetrical meshes, but the lower part is a single mesh that takes both sides of the plane. As a result the AO is symetrical on the upper part, but not on the lower part, which makes it looks like one side has a lighter color than the other:

mhnQ7Wc.pngn7uIOlZ.png

Can someone here explain to a newbie like me how such a problem can be handled? Is there a way to ensure the AO "sources" are symmetrical relative to the symmetry plane when baking?

• Like 2

@Axel6430

I think the issue might be related to the material you're using on the sculpt/hi-poly version. In that it will bake the light direction information along with it. The reason you're not seeing this effect on the upper parts is because (I believe) they are also using symmertrical/overlayed UV's? Try using the default shader (applied in the sculpt room) and do a re-bake. Then see what the results look like.

If you're using any of the later beta versions, I think the shaders have all changed... I have no idea what results you get when baking from these as I'm not on any betas.

Lastly, if you're still having issues I recommend starting a whole new thread.

Hi guys, just wanted to share something I did for practice yesterday. 1st time painting job I ever did in 3D Coat. 

Cheers,

Igor

postwork3.png

• Like 3

Playing around with custom shaders and textures and applying it to enviornments :)

View_01.png

• Like 1

Hey Everyone,

Long time no post :)

Been working all year coding stuff (planetary terrain) but been promising myself for months that I'd start spending a bit of time getting back into doing some character stuff.

So I sat down at lunch time today and did a practice run sculpting a pelvic bone (I chose it because I find the shape hard to get my head around):

Pretty happy with how it turned out and very happy with how cool the new shaders look :) 

• Like 3

I am new here and working currently on this composition, I want some cyberpunk wibe to this image, something like old school shadworun poster. I will use 3d coat models as base but not sure how far to go with them since I plan doing post painting in photoshop

inglory.jpg

inglorious.jpg

Hi! Happy to see a new member work!
The more you refine your character shapes in 3D coat, the more the paint-over in Photoshop will be easy.
With a good rendering within 3dCoat, you'll get the light info that makes the paint-over process easier.
ShadowRun is great. I like the slightly colored dark atmosphere.
You've got plenty of handy tools in 3dCoat to speed up the character creation process (Cloth for example).
I think there's a video about it on my Wip thread around page 40.
Keep on the good work!