3D Coat Forums
Carlosan

What Are You Working On ?

Very nearly done with my first "art piece" done entirely in 3DCoat. Just need to spend a little time with the lights and getting good angles and renders out of it now.

Went a little overboard on the texture resolutions though I think, my file size is around 3.5 GB now, takes several minutes to open it up and freezes for a good 20 seconds every time I attempt to change any layer settings. Oh well, worth putting up with for a one off project, but it'd be rather annoying if I tried doing stuff like this more frequently. :D

c6aec48b3c9c09518c8ca5581410aeec.png

• Like 2

Realtime Tasmanian Devil.
WIP, 3Dcoat Model and textures from Voxel to Lowpolly. Unity 5.6.1 Screen capture with custom WIP shaders for Fur and SSS. 

Capture_002.JPG

Devil_001.JPG

Capture_001.JPG

Capture_006.JPG

Devil_00`3.JPG

• Like 6

GH2 GUN

Modeling: Blender

Texturing: 3D-Coat

carlos-andreoni-gh2.jpg?1500202432

• Like 5

hi was working on this piece for a few days.

got some new hardware and tried to stress it a little bit with some voxels. model and render in 3dcoat. a little postwork in studio paint.

have a good week

COatman2.jpg

• Like 2

After long pause I have started to work with 3d-coat again. Have to say that there is so much fun features added since my last time. Getting results like this and all in 3d-coat brings a big smile to my face :)

picture.thumb.png.462ae4ab0c2290e78e05797e98edc931.png

• Like 5

Early stages of a Skin Builder I am making using 3DC  by applying a  combination of smart materials. Some hand painting is required using a smart material for different color zones of the face.  It is not a one click solution but a building up of layers and the use of blending modes. I would say I am at the alpha stage  in development seeing what works what does not. 

Model is not completely done everywhere like old man wrinkes. I working on just the skin texture atm.  I also got rid of the skin texture that was in the scanned model to create my own skin. Used the sculpt room to smooth out the skin texture that was present.

4k textures.

Ok, everyone has seen this model on the net since it was graciously provided by Ten24, a few years past.

LOL, of course the texture is on the slight bit of hair he has.. 

http://ten24.info/tag/free-3d-scan/

beforeafter.PNG

Edited by digman
corrections.
  • Like 6

Some test I made using 100% 3D-Coat, well, except for one brick's sculpt (ZBrush) but the wall itself was done on 3DCoat. The Tile Plane is an excellent tool, I love it but I'd love that the issue with curvature/AO bake could be fixed one day, I can manually edit both maps on photoshop but a stable bake could save hours of painful editing and unleash our creativity =)

3DCoat-TileTests.thumb.jpg.eb13b42db7a5046c0236805abd67a380.jpg

• Like 4

Nice wok in this thread....

Have been working on this for a couple months (modelled in Hexagon). It has a fully detailed undercarriage. But the mats have been completely done in 3dC (all bar the chrome trims on the guard covers) Have used the PS bridge to do some work on the decals. But have a nice collection of international decals for this now. I am hoping to have this ready to rig by next weekend.

But I need to create smart materials and I don't know how to. I have Filterforge 7, but don't know how to transfer the tiles for use as a 3dC smart Materials preset. That's a small frustration. Would love a quick how to on that.

Stay well ppl :)

RaceMats test_01.png

wfs - !Default Wheels.png

• Like 1

Hi

Please check this video

• Thanks 1

CarlosanThank you, Much appreciated. This is awesome. I'm adding it to my YouTube fav's asap. ...just as soon as I watch it that is.

4 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Hi

Please check this video...

Yup. Just took a look. Exactly what I have been wanting to do. This will step up what can be accomplished now. And with exactly the things I want to see on the final model. Again, Thank you.

Great tut by Mike Hermes btw. Very easy to follow.

Funny to see the car here since I've been working on a car today too. Except I was 3D scanning a toy car.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, philnolan3d said:

Funny to see the car here since I've been working on a car today too. Except I was 3D scanning a toy car.

Yeah, it's been a work in progress. Got a major breakthrough with the tut link today. Should have my mats done now this week coming. Then I can rig this thing up. This particular model is basically my chance to really understand the processes in 3dC, due to lots of surfaces and needing to minimise the map quantity (has 13 UV templates). Has been a really valuable learning process to refine the way I do things. Just loving what can be done in much easier ways. Will try these new mats out before I hit the hey.

Importing all my Photoshop brushes is probably my next big how to. I bought a heap of them but lost my CS3 version after a comp crash. So only running an old Photoshop7 version. Bridge works fine. Just don't have the use of all the brushes I once enjoyed and payed good money for :) ...it happens.

btw, I'm in agreement with kenmo. Awesome work to see in here.

Edited by TrevorD
forgot an aknowlegement

Just finished an overwatch themed character +D I'm still using only 3DCoat for all texturing process, it's sooo goood !

Full project here : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/veJvO

y3e3cjkqtftp.jpg

Edited by Vexod14
  • Like 2