3DCoat Forums

Shaders

Andrew Shpagin

• Advanced Member
Thankyou for the tweaked shader Akira.

I saw a working opacity slider was in there. Only problem is that the object that has transparancy enabled still occludes objects behind/in it eventhough its transparant.

Is that something you can fix or is that something for Andrew to fix? (Oh how I would love a transparancy toggle in the voxtree... )

Cheers!

JW

It seems alpha blending hasn't been enabled in render states, will need Andrew to turn it on.

• Advanced Member
Hmm.. I think I will keep the old one around For a while. At the moment I kinda like the old on better if the Increase res bug was fixed. Maybe if there were settings that got it right back to what version 1 looked like.

Oops, my fault, I messed up some variables, please update files again.

Now if you adjust ambient slider to 20, match Diffuse Color to the Foreground Color and leave all other values as their default, it will act just like the old one.

akira.

LambLight_V2.01.rar

• Advanced Member

Can i be so bold as to make a request? :lol:

Im sculpting something right now and the paint selection with transpose is really burning my eyes out. Not only that its fullbright (non shade) so im pretty much painting blind once i started making a selection.

I remember you saying something in the past that it was a seperate shader that could be changed.

Could you please (please please please) create a proper shader for it with a normal gradient from i dont know light red to dark red that STILL shows some shading and specular even when its 100% applied? I dont care if its faked or not (in fact id prefer a faked shader ala picmat cause they are so fast).

You would be my hero (for the second time since you are allready my hero for creating picmat)

And thanks to mantis for the grey clay shader he made for it which i use on everything. :)

GrtZ

JW

Oops, my fault, I messed up some variables, please update files again.

Now if you adjust ambient slider to 20, match Diffuse Color to the Foreground Color and leave all other values as their default, it will act just like the old one.

Thank you, that gets it's back to the old version, unfortunately the bug is still there. I think you said that's something Andrew would have to fix.

• Advanced Member

I've been watching to see if the Old Skull Shader get's fixed so that the dark

cavity shading will rotate during turn-table render.

No luck yet. Seems odd ... sometimes mis-alignment can happen in the

VOXEL working environment. But other times registration is OK.

But it always get's mis-registered during turn-table renders.

This seems true for all the similar shaders like the WAXY ones.

I really really want to do a turn-table render with the OLD skull renderer.

But so far no luck. I tried hacking the shader ... but I really don't know

what's going on with that aspect. No luck.

Any help would be appreciated. Seems like can't really be that broken

if works in WORKING mode.

• Advanced Member
I've been watching to see if the Old Skull Shader get's fixed so that the dark

cavity shading will rotate during turn-table render.

No luck yet. Seems odd ... sometimes mis-alignment can happen in the

VOXEL working environment. But other times registration is OK.

But it always get's mis-registered during turn-table renders.

This seems true for all the similar shaders like the WAXY ones.

I really really want to do a turn-table render with the OLD skull renderer.

But so far no luck. I tried hacking the shader ... but I really don't know

what's going on with that aspect. No luck.

Any help would be appreciated. Seems like can't really be that broken

if works in WORKING mode.

There are problems when cavity and shadow are both turned on in GL version(casting shadow is always turned on when rendering), please use DX version in such a situation.

akira.

• Advanced Member
Thank you, that gets it's back to the old version, unfortunately the bug is still there. I think you said that's something Andrew would have to fix.

Well technically it's not a bug, it's b/c the FOV of camera is too large plus the default sphere is too small,

I said it will be solved automatically when we can adjust FOV of camera ourselves.

To bypass this issue try bigger objects instead of the tiny default sphere.

akira.

Well technically it's not a bug, it's b/c the FOV of camera is too large plus the default sphere is too small,

I said it will be solved automatically when we can adjust FOV of camera ourselves.

To bypass this issue try bigger objects instead of the tiny default sphere.

akira.

Wow OK great, I just tried that. I had the default sphere and hit Decrease Res a few times. The shader now stays the same when increasing resolution. As a bonus now the zoom isn't all crazy, it's much easier to control.

• Advanced Member

I tried DirectX in order to get registration of shader parts in Shinky Old Skull.

I must say that the DirectX Shader quality seems inferior to OpenGL version of same shader.

But maybe something else needs tweeking to get shaders on par with each other.

But it does seem to work ... the DirectX. The cavities are just shaded a bit more sloppy I think.

• Advanced Member

Thanks Akira for making cool shaders. And updating the DirectX one.

And if Andrew can give all the shaders best names possible ... that would be cool too.

What I mean is maybe ... no shaders ending with a "2" or "other". Every token

that is part of the name should help convey the uniqueness and functioning

of that shader. I noticed some names in the list were a bit silly a few release ago.

Yeah, minor complaint, I know. But hopefully easy to make better.

And also ... thanks for the Alpha test extension I noticed recently when my alpha

ran out and then restarted. This is nice since there are still kinks to work out.

Andrew, these are the shaders I've updated since the last alpha, please update them for me, thanks a lot.

Regards,

akira.

BIG Thanks! I insered them in Alpha. The only issue for GLSL shaders (it fails on ATI cards) -

need to write

#ifdef SHADOWS

varying vec3 SPos;

#endif

instead of

varying vec3 SPos;

I have changed it and instered in today's update that fixes shader system-related bugs (that was mentioned in bugs section).

I also increased number of CustomSamplers to 8

• Advanced Member
BIG Thanks! I insered them in Alpha. The only issue for GLSL shaders (it fails on ATI cards) -

need to write

#ifdef SHADOWS

varying vec3 SPos;

#endif

instead of

varying vec3 SPos;

I have changed it and instered in today's update that fixes shader system-related bugs (that was mentioned in bugs section).

I also increased number of CustomSamplers to 8

Thank you Andrew! I'll follow the rule more carefully.

And 8 texture slots is sweet. :)

akira.

• Advanced Member

I'm finding a goon number of busted shaders on my machine in release 61.

Marble ones in both DX and OpenGL.

Clay is Broken in DX.

Anyway ... seems like a bunch are fairly broken showing

up as BLACK ONLY.

Anyone know what's going on ???? Having same problem ???

• Advanced Member
I'm finding a goon number of busted shaders on my machine in release 61.

Marble ones in both DX and OpenGL.

Clay is Broken in DX.

Anyway ... seems like a bunch are fairly broken showing

up as BLACK ONLY.

Anyone know what's going on ???? Having same problem ???

There were some problems when switching shaders in the first release of Alpha 61, Andrew has fixed it and updated the link,

please download the installation file again and re-install Alpha 61 to solve it.

• 2 months later...

1stly, WoW you guys are awesome, it's a real privilege to see whats going on behind the scenes, so many people take all these things for granted, but behind every shader, every program, there are the guys & gals making it all happen :good:

Now for the question, are all the shaders current and in the latest alpha download on the alpha front page, up to this post ?

I'm new and have only just started to read up on this thread and many others :blush: i just need to know if i should download the the attached files in akira's posts or not ?

• Advanced Member
1stly, WoW you guys are awesome, it's a real privilege to see whats going on behind the scenes, so many people take all these things for granted, but behind every shader, every program, there are the guys & gals making it all happen :good:

Now for the question, are all the shaders current and in the latest alpha download on the alpha front page, up to this post ?

I'm new and have only just started to read up on this thread and many others :blush: i just need to know if i should download the the attached files in akira's posts or not ?

Nope, you don't have to. :)

They are all built-in shaders now.