3DCoat Forums

Bugzzz

Andrew Shpagin

• Advanced Member

2 bugs in V27 :

The sphere tool and the 2d tool are buggy when the Soft Stroke or the Use spacing are enabled.

The grow on pen motion of the airbtush tool dosen't seems to have any effect

• Advanced Member
wax shader bug in GL only. (alpha 27)

1. paint a stroke on surface

2. switch to wax shader

3. turn on shadows

4. rotate the model.

you'll see the cavity get stuck in screen space.

I can also confirm this on my machine. Have noticed for the last few releases.

OPERATING SYSTEM
Name: Microsoft® Windows Vista(tm) Ultimate 
Version: 6.0.6001
Service Pack: 1.0
Architecture: 32-bit
Registered User:
Language: 1033
Domain Role: 0
Total Physical Memory: 3069 MB
Total Virtual Memory: 2047 MB

PROCESSOR
Number of Processors: 1
Logical Processors: 2
Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
Name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU	 T9500  @ 2.60GHz
Version: Model 7, Stepping 6
Description: x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Address Width: 32
Number of Cores: 2
Max Core Speed: 2601 MHz

VIDEO
Card Name: NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT
Memory: 512 MB
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.11.6909
Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 x 4294967296 colors

Just used Move, Smooth, Spray and bit of sphere.

Seems every time I spend a little time sculpting now - I end up at a point where the mesh integrity falls apart - often followed by a crash.

here is an example:-

post-709-1224018340_thumb.jpg

I had someone test it for 3 hours this morning, every so often, the same thing...

3DBob

This may have been mentioned but increasing the resolution creates a grid-like pattern on the sculpture. Smooth All works OK to fix it but you have to click it several times, plus the more times you increase the res the longer Smooth All takes. On my current model it's a good 10 mins or so.

Just used Move, Smooth, Spray and bit of sphere.

Seems every time I spend a little time sculpting now - I end up at a point where the mesh integrity falls apart - often followed by a crash.

here is an example:-

post-709-1224018340_thumb.jpg

I had someone test it for 3 hours this morning, every so often, the same thing...

3DBob

That is problem to me. I can't reproduce it...

I have tried to move many but nothing. All works fine...

HI Andrew,

Don't know if you meant to comment on my earlier post - but I have further info to add. When I attempted to load photoshop directly afterwards - it too bombed saying "catastrophic failure of x,yz..." I think it is a memory leak issue.

3DBob

HI Andrew,

Don't know if you meant to comment on my earlier post - but I have further info to add. When I attempted to load photoshop directly afterwards - it too bombed saying "catastrophic failure of x,yz..." I think it is a memory leak issue.

3DBob

Ok, seems I have found leak and source of memory corruption. It was "Increase resolution".

I will update today and it will be fixed.

Yes.

Have had so that when I went into photoshop after one of these events - it will not even draw the PS interface.

I think it is a leak in the memory of the graphic card. I am downloading deleaker from www.deleaker.com to see if I can see where it is.

3DBob

Ok, tried that program - whilst being PAINFULLY slow, as soon as I started to sculpt my voxel object - the memory leak program said the 3dcoat was trying to access some memory it shouldn't and suggested closing 3DC down.

Too slow program to test though.

3DBob

• Advanced Member

Found a little bug in v28 (and v29): If you use the sphere tool, enable the 'smooth stroke' button in the top left of the UI, hover over some empty space away from the model and hold the button down without moving the mouse - the sphere grows into a slowly creeping rod of voxels.

This isn't stopping me doing anything, but I thought I ought to point it out in case it was a bug that affected more than just this example :unsure:

Tried to sculpt for 20 mins today with the OGL version this time to see if it was a DX issue.

Again, reapidly left with a mess of borg-like blocks. Tried to get a screen grab but no luck as many programs I launched said "not enough resources" or simply would not launch.

This is a critical bug and means I cannot test the software.

3DBob

• Advanced Member

2 bugs in V30 :

When you draw a thin plane using the 2d plane tool, the normals on the border looks strange, when you look on 1 of the side of this plane

If i use the carve tool NEAR the border of this mesh, the orientation of the brush is weird.

post-476-1224233796_thumb.jpg

post-476-1224233857_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Alpha 30...

Nice flow, nice smooth, all kinds of good stuff.

However, is 'to polygons' and 'export model' supposed to be working?

I have not gotten it to work in any of the alpha builds and 'export' is always grayed out.

It's the same in this version.....

M

• Advanced Member

I can confirm there is still some problems with beta 30.

Now it's possible saving volume after increasing resolution,but the problem that at some time the volume start to disappear is still here.

What is strange is that I have found it on a new volume,with only 300000 polygons(previous I have used volume with more resolution,now is simply the base sphere streched,without increasing res)

After some time it give that error and I don't have the possibility to save.

Now I save every 5 minutes :)

beta 30 Merge in to the scene before retopo its not working with my old models and symmetry plane disappears.

http://screencast.com/t/Nhdk9Uv2bMx

Can you send me object? retopo works on all my objects, but I am sure it is object - related.

I am not sure that I will make update today - too many changes...

- very good quality & fast increase resolution - like Catmull clark but for voxels.

- incremental rendering (renders only changes in mesh, it speeds up working with big meshes many many times) - it opens possibility to work with really huge objects in realtime.

all is resembled... I will make update in monday with all that stuff and bugfixes. It is possible today but... not very probable.

• Advanced Member

I got a really strange bug with Stroke in retopo mode.

If I do a slice by dragging from right to left it doesn't work, but from left to right it works.

In mirror mode you can only work on one side, you can connect stroke on existing topology only on one side, that's the same thing with add point and face.

• Advanced Member

Andrew

Am back with the Battle between Voxel tools and Surface tools.

why the move tool its in Voxel Side?, its reacts like a surface tool, check the video.

I hope those tools can all work together.

maybe in the next Beta :D

http://rapidshare.com/files/155227389/SF_vs_VX.zip.html

• Advanced Member

I do not understand what your trying to show in your movie Juan? All i see is alot of tools acting very smooth. Surface pinch acting "better" then voxel pinch which i hope andrew will fix and a move tool that does its job perfectly?

Making the move tool pure voxels was one of the best things Andrew did. Before you would have to degrade your sculpt to use move now you dont have to. What is the problem you are trying to show us? :)

3dioot

• Advanced Member

3dioot

sorry maybey is't difficult to see in the video ,the move tool its not perfect in beta 30, see I use spray /tha and voxpich and works perfect, with smoosh all, and when I use the move tool and apply smooth leaves a lot of weird artifacts over the model, that what I want it to show.

Or mabey am crazy :).

Try it with the defaulf sphere

use the move tool and use smooth all