3DCoat Forums

[SOLVED] Retopo and Uving a face, symmetry issues.

DMeville

Hello! Playing around with 3d coat for the first time, I've created a face in zbrush, and now I'm looking to retopo and uv it.  

I've managed to finish the retopo version (the retopo tools were VERY nice to work with) with x symmetry turned on, it looks something like this:post-38664-0-15261800-1407995516_thumb.p

Here's the part I'm unsure of.  I'd like to "commit" to the symmetry, and have one full mesh.  (Similar to doing a duplicate of the half, mirror, and merge in other 3d apps).  I tried out hitting the "Symmetry" button, which gives me these results, as you can see some of the edges along the symmetry line are no longer visible:post-38664-0-44260100-1407995625_thumb.p

With the UV Mark seams too, I can highlight edges that should be there, but no visual feedback indicates I've selected anything.  Selecting the edges I can see turn green.

What am I doing wrong? 

Are you using the symmetry in 3D coat? Or mirroring it in something else then bringing it in?

In 3D coat you after you activate symmetry from the menu, on the left side toolbar near the bottom you can apply the symmetry to the model. Then turn off symmetry from the menu and you can tweak anything you want.

post-10142-0-93302400-1408008083_thumb.j

Are you using the symmetry in 3D coat? Or mirroring it in something else then bringing it in?

In 3D coat you after you activate symmetry from the menu, on the left side toolbar near the bottom you can apply the symmetry to the model. Then turn off symmetry from the menu and you can tweak anything you want.

attachicon.gifVirtualModeMirror.jpg

Doh!  Yeah, I was applying symmetry in 3DCoat.  After applying the symmetry, I guess symmetry was still on, causing some rendering issues or something.  Simply turning off symmetry AFTER applying made everything perfect. 

Cheers!