3DCoat Forums

2024 Feature requests wishlist

Andrew Shpagin

asking this again, but would love to have the opacity jitter work when using any tool, like having random depth using the 2d paint would be awesome! :)asking this again, but would love to have the opacity jitter work when using any tool, like having random depth using the 2d paint would be awesome! :)

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, milhouzz said:

asking this again, but would love to have the opacity jitter work when using any tool, like having random depth using the 2d paint would be awesome! :)asking this again, but would love to have the opacity jitter work when using any tool, like having random depth using the 2d paint would be awesome! :)

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your suggestion/request, but in the Brush Options panel, you do have JITTER for Opacity....when you have Color applied by the tool/brush. You do not have Opacity Jitter in the Sculpt Room, with the Sculpting brushes, because no COLOR is applied in that workspace. In the new Sculpting Brush Engine, you can find Jitter settings in the Tool Options panel > MISC SETTINGS > click JITTER and the Jitter options will appear.

1 hour ago, AbnRanger said:

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your suggestion/request, but in the Brush Options panel, you do have JITTER for Opacity....when you have Color applied by the tool/brush. You do not have Opacity Jitter in the Sculpt Room, with the Sculpting brushes, because no COLOR is applied in that workspace. In the new Sculpting Brush Engine, you can find Jitter settings in the Tool Options panel > MISC SETTINGS > click JITTER and the Jitter options will appear.

i would love to have the depth variation that you can see in the jitter option to apply different depth with each strokes like the jitter position or radius variation.

• Reputable Contributor
16 hours ago, milhouzz said:

i would love to have the depth variation that you can see in the jitter option to apply different depth with each strokes like the jitter position or radius variation.

Ah, okay. Yes, that is a bug/problem, because Depth Jitter is not providing any variation.

• Thanks 1

I'd really love to see a brush that works like Trim Smooth Border in Zbrush,

It's really indispensible when making rocks.

088fbb33a0506ebcb447d90a28b382b2.jpg

I recently tried making a similar brush in 2022 and editing the Trim Adaptive I could get something that resembled it a little, but 

the devil is in the details, I couldn't get something that worked the same on the adjacent geometry.

trimsmoothb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
On 10/6/2008 at 11:51 PM, Andrew Shpagin said:

Have idea? Write it there.

Andrew I suppose this is not bug, but Measure tool setting, and the value  is real long time problem for me. So please check these. 

The problem is, I suppose Measurement tool do not show correct size, which user defined with voxel per units.  Then it make difficult to get correct size with real value.

I think, you only need to change Measuremnt tool display size.

See this pic please...

measurementsize.thumb.JPG.3c8a83c9f4b833179c44673d5c63ed12.JPG

In this pic,

1.  I set 1 units = 1cm  (actually it seems best fit for 3d coat view port I feel)

2.   Then I set Vexels Per unit = 5   >>>  I intend , generate 5 voxels in 1 cm  >>>> 1 voxels will be generated as 2mm,  with 1x default resolution 

3.  I keep UnitScale = 1.0,   (so do not change 1 unit size)

4.  I keep Scene scale as 1.0  (So do not change 1 unit scale)

In this pic,   I set 1 grid (large) = 1 cm  then only divide as 2 (small line)

Then generate 1 unit Radius Sphere ,, like this

generatesphere.thumb.JPG.74c31bb9923446479959e8f9b12b6863.JPG

But if I set Voxel per unit, 3d coat measure tool always change the size of 1 units.

I understand, you set measurement tool so,,, but it make me really difficult to get real size with measurement tool,  along with my best

default Voxel count in 1 units.  

So it is not matter how I set unit =  1M or unit = 1mm or unit = 1cm. 

The problem (for me ) is measurement tool show value which multiple real size with "Voxel per units value"

============

To solve this issue, (if I make script with use current 3d coat measurement tool length)  

I need  reverse 

"3d coat measurement  length value /  Voxel per unit value"  = real geometry length  and show the value as UI measurement value.

You can confirm it. When you hover blush with geometry,  right under info.. it show real length with unit correctly...

it never change with Voxel per unit. It is reasonable.. we change voxel dense, not intend to change object length with unit.

At current measure tool only use multiple value with Voxel per unit. of course it may change with unit scale (though I really do not touch it)

Edited by tokikake
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
On 10/6/2008 at 11:51 PM, Andrew Shpagin said:

Have idea? Write it there.

And request 2 about same measurement tool. 

So the way to show "measurement value" is not good UI at least for my eye ^^;

The font size is really small, and the visible number locate on the measure line center. (as you see, you can not get clear value easy)

I suppose you can set some offset between measure line with the length value and change font size option...for measure value

(but above request = isolate measure value  from voxel per unit and show real size,  is more important. 

Though I think many 3d coat user manage this problem by their original ways, and I do not think this is bug, but I really hope, there should be option

how 3d coat show measure value..then if you suddenly change tool way, they may confuse.

But I hope option, which never  change measure size with Voxel count per unit 

because it make difficult to use measure tool as the purpose :( 

=========
Then if you can offer option, which can show real length with measurement tool,  you may need to change blender app link,

import way too. because it force to use the measurement show length. then when I change voxel per unit, import size hard change.

As my conclusion,  Voxel per unit should not effect any other tools... 

(Voxel per unit only represent, how many voxels will be generated as 1 units,

so it should not effect , measurement length, or 3d custom grid settings etc, about current (or all 3d coat version) effect other tool setting.

1 unit length is decided or chnged by Unit setting... then generate voxel in 1 unit = Voxel per units.

but at current measurement tool length not work so.

Edited by tokikake

• Advanced Member

Andrew, In summary

3D Coat measurement Unit (in sculpt room> Define measurement unit>Unit  (mm/cm/m/ etc) ) is not unit for 1 unit  , but it represent 1 voxel size., 

so when user change voxel per units, 3d coat 1 unit length change along with the voxel per units.   

if I set unit = mm >>> 1 voxel size = 1mm 

set voxel per unit as 1,,  now 3d coat 1 unit = 1mm

set voxel per unit as 10,,  now 3d coat 1 unit = 10mm

set voxel per unit as 2 ,  now 3d coat 1 unit = 2mm

It really make things difficult, when user import export mesh and merge with current generate mesh  for each room from other aprication with correct measure size.

actually Blender applink can not manage it. because there is no optoin, to user define. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Advanced Member

An addition to the polygonal models tools.
Paste and weld pre fabricated meshes to selected polygons.
Ideally, it would be best to sculpt the mesh first retpologize and then add finer details. Finer details should be left out of the retopology process especially if they might be repetitive in form are may not respond well to auto retopology. (which would force the user to do this process manually)
The best part about is that this feature wouldn't be particularly hard to implement. (unless of course we were to account for a topology mismatch.)
Here is a video demonstration of what I mean. 

Edited by NinjaTaco
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

I hope in 2023 we will get some well needed updates in Render Room - it have been neglected for very long time...

What I would like to see:

1. Clown pass

2. Gizmos for lights

3. Different types of lights - directional, point, spot, area, etc.

4. Emissive materials/shaders rendering

5. Glow, Bloom, Fog, etc. - something like in Eevee

Thanks for your development work. Please forgive me if some of the information may be difficult to convey as it is machine translated.

This is a feature request, but is it possible to support morph targets?

When editing FBX data for VR avatars, etc., if there is no support for morph targets, the integration work after editing is very time-consuming, and depending on the tool to be linked, data integration may not be possible even after hours of editing.

It would be very helpful if you could import and export model data including morph targets in FBX and other formats.

If you could make it possible to temporarily deform objects in the paint room in conjunction with objects in the sculptor room, as in the Retopo room, and register the shape as a morph, it would create an ideal environment for morph creation that takes advantage of 3DCoat's easy-to-use UI, and would also make it easier to create morphs.

If there is also a function to copy objects in the paint room to the sculpt room and convert morph target deformations to a sculpt layer, it would be a great help to create morphs in the sculpt layer.
I think it would be very easy to handle, since it would be possible to update the mesh while keeping the original deformation of the morph in the sculpt layer.

Also, there are tools that specialize in rigging and animation, such as Akeytsu, that have the ability to transfer rigging and animation between models, and as long as there is model data with morphs, rigging and animation can be easily transferred for data with similar shapes. It would be very useful if you could support registration of morph targets so that we can work directly with these tools.

It would be very convenient if we could form a pipeline where models and morph targets are created in 3DCoat, rigging and animation are created in Akeytsu, and then transferred to UE, Unity, or other rendering tools, etc.

If data can be exchanged between 3DCoat and Akeytsu
It would be very helpful if you could support morph targets.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

More non destruciveness in paint room /texturing:

I would like to see:

* black and white masking to control a layers and layer groups opacity, instead of invisible clip layers. Clip layers have no benefit and imho can be removed. -> Reference for this can simply be how it is implemented in photoshop

Optimally, the masks can have their own build up stack that is tied to a layer or group layer, so that infinite complexity can be build-> Marmoset has this and beats Substance Painter out of the water, so I would use their implementation as a reference. Their powerful masking approach would suite 3D Coat very well.

* real group icons (e.g. folders) instead of a dropdown triangle, would make groups more clear

* non destructive adjustments like in photoshop, substance painter or marmoset. Could be either an "effect" tied to a layer, or a layer itself that can influence all layers below, or just anchored to a single one or a group below. Optimally you would be able to even copy paste or move an adjustment effect around from layer to layer or entire groups. -> current "Texture->Adjust" is great, but we need all the included adjustment options there to be non destructive. "Color Operations tool" is also great and super useful and unique, but not the same or sufficient to stay flexible to art direction changes.

In particular "Levels", for any channel, is an adjustment effect that is cruically needed for texturing, but non existing in 3D Coat

* real blend modes with same or a selection of similar modes that Color channel has (add, overlay, passthru, etc.) for rough/gloss and metallic, and emissive. Current layer blending panel is fine for broader adjustments, but user needs more control over exactly how rough and metal layers are blended together, in a same way as it is possible with color

* AO, Opacity, Emissive, Curvature as true viewable channels instead of being tied to layer stack, so you can cycle through them and view them like any other channel like roughness, and don't necessarily need to keep a copy of them inside the layer stack->reference: substance painter, mixer, marmoset

* the ability to mask layers by an ID map color selection is a crucial, fundamental missing feature every texturing app should have. Best orientation for this is Marmosets implementation. Would be sufficient if we can just bring in ID maps from external bakers and use the colors as non destrutive selections on layers. -> Marmoset has imo the best and flexible implementation of this, mixers is also a good reference

* the ability to have smart material preview show the true texture resolution, not only a higher quality that will get blurred once applied

* smart materials that can be truly attached to a layer, meaning "Fill Layers". So, even after applying a Smart Material, you should be able to adjust tiling(scale) and all the maps on the fly and see results in real time, without a refill. -> Reference for this to look at would be Substance Painter or Marmoset

* an opacity "lock",  with which you can control all channels of a layer simultaniously, meaning not having to go to every channel (color, rough, metal) to adjust the opacity, but adjust everything at once. This makes sense when thinking in terms of full "Material Blending" rather than per map blending.  -> Reference for this would be Marmoset, they are the only ones who have this great addition.

3D Coats texturing toolset is breathtaking and unmatched for a hands on, "feeling like a painting" program experience, and I absolutely love that aspect. No other software feels this artistic and 3D Coat is ahead in a ton of aspects other software feels super rigid, lacking and restrictive in comparison. Even industry standards miss things 3D Coat has, like curves,  selection tools, cloning, copy transform, incredible text tools, best and pain free resource managment... list goes on...

Only thing is, the non destructive sides of things are lacking and make it difficult on some ends to be fully an option in todays day and age of quick, non destructive toolsets. If that will be handled via nodes tied to a layer or directly in the layer stack, or both, it is urgently needed.

If you guys manage to get some of these contemporary functionalities and non destructive approaches into the app, it will significantly raise the competitiveness of Textura as an alternative to Substance Painter as well.

All fhe best and thank you for your hard work.

Edited by Henry Townshend
Typos
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Based on my Post in dev thread

I'd like to move this here, since it's more feature request :good:

) May we have a facility to control Bend Volume in sculpt room with curves, in the same vein as we can control strokes size drawn along curves (with curves)?

Use case: It is tough and time consuming to control the variation of size with Bend Volume, by only manipulating the individual radiuses of points. Controling the radius of bent model with curve would be a quick stop shop to do it

2) Bend Volume for Modeling room, using retopo groups and retopo models

Use case: straight up bend finished topo models along curves, possible with finished UVs even, would be so handy and powerful in many modeling circumstances. Say, track belts for a vehicle could be done by modeling it "straight" then bending it into place. Or character parts, like waist belts, even hair geometry or horns or something.

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, Elemeno said:

can we get a remesher for surface sculpting???

You can remesh at any time by hitting the ENTER key, or you could RMB the Sculpt Tree layer > Auto Retopo. Once you have an acceptable Retopo mesh you can go to the Sculpt Room > GEOMETRY menu > Retopo Mesh to Sculpt Mesh.

• Carlosan changed the title to 2024 Feature requests wishlist
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic