3DCoat Forums

As a professional Freelancer, 3DCoat is my time-saver

lildragon

I just wanted to say this - As a newly established Full-time Freelance character artist, 3Dcoat has saved me countless hours and I look forward to showing you all the work I've done since using it. From the incredible retopo tools (smart auto UV is a blessing) To the paint tools, it's successfully reduce my need for additional 3rd party apps. When the sculpting reaches Zbrush 'quality', I would barely need to leave this amazing software.

Andrew and crew, hats off to you, please continue to improve this amazing tool.

Just wanted to touch base here since I've been absent from the forums the last few months due to workload.

~t

d5dcea3a8bf3167e6920c1eae145de75c6296433

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

Pretty Cool. I'm digging the sculpting in 3D Coat, actually...especially with Artman's Presets. Even though there are no Sculpt Layers (per object) in the Sculpt Module/Room, yet....

https://trello.com/c/A2nGKsDH

...I talked with Andrew about a way to quickly send assets between the Paint Module and the Sculpt Module without any fuss. Including a way to quickly bake changes to your sculpt (to a new normal/displacement) onto your low poly mesh in the Paint module. It would make the BAKE menu available in the Sculpt module > use the BAKE TEXTURE option, and allow the user to select a mesh from the Paint Module to bake to. As well as an option to output the map(s) to a new Paint Layer.

In the interim, I think that could provide a nice workflow, that lets the user take advantage of the Sculpt/Paint Layer workflow in the Paint Module, but still use the tools in the Sculpt Room to conduct some sculpting edits, if they don't think the capabilities in the Paint and Tweak modules give them enough juice. :D