3DCoat Forums

Jagged edges after retopo

Sladus

I have tried several times to post a pic. It will not let me. Not sure what to do. I have had problems with the jagged edges since I bought the commercial version on steam. It may be something I'm doing wrong though. Very disappointing.

• Reputable Contributor

All done in 3dCoat. Voxels off in paint room. Where do I upload a pic to?

Carlos mentioned one way. You can also click on the uploaded image > copy (CTRL + C) the web address > click on the IMAGE icon in your formatting options bar (just above your text) > paste address there. It will embed the image in your post. Usually a screen grab is the only way for any of us to be able to help...cause it's usually one small little thing (like not having the right layer selected, a small option is checked/unchecked, etc.)

• Contributor

I don't know. I'm not sure what you mean by bake settings.

How do you take your retopo mesh to Paint Room?

PS. There were some language changes since the latest stable version. Bake settings == Merge settings.

Edited by ajz3d

• Contributor

It looks to me like the autopo algorithm did not capture the hard edges of your voxel model. Generally speaking, autopo is not very good at capturing hard edges. I would recommend doing manual retopology instead of autopo. That way you can set the hard edges exactly where they need to be instead of letting the computer guess for you.

If you still want to try autopo, then try using guide strokes, increasing the resolution quite a bit, and also try using the hard edge setting in the settings dialog.