3DCoat Forums
Jokermax

Jokermax WIPs

Really one of the top works there!

Just excellent!

One note: It is better to use GL version on bigger meshes. DX version can crash during shaders swithcing. It is general DirectX bug on XP/Vista 32 with /3G option. I will fix it (using dirty hacks - no other way to beat DirectX bug).

I have received several bugreports from you on this topic.

Thanks Andrew! It is a lot of fun to be modeling it and be independent of topology. Also it's great to know that the bug reports get read, thanks for the advice to use GL, will try. Couple other things:

question: i am using vista 64, are you planning on 64 bit version?

observation: initial opening of this model takes several minutes

feature request: at this point the model is very complex and has areas which i want to preserve and never change again. If mask/freeze/hide tool worked with voxels that would be awesome! The workflow i imagine would be something like this: hold a mask key and mask part of the model, invert selection, hit either freeze or hide to isolate/improve performance

Not much of a progress tonight. Added legs, used a different method - modeled leg shape separately and exported as OBJ then merged and transformed into place on the main model - easier this way

post-1079-1224126656_thumb.jpg

Added rest of the parts. This time using Hide tool, which helps a lot with perfomance. Hiding most of the model allows to quickly add more material even to a complex model. Had a OOM crash, 64-bit version would be nice. Looking forward to next update ;)

post-1079-1224465851_thumb.jpg

Goord work. I'am interested how you will clean up the model. It is not easy with the volume skulpting tools for now.

Be creative

Chris

Wow! I very very like your model.

I think you can make cleanup using smooth at Smoothing=0.5.

Also maybe I will add several types of smoothing

- boosted smooth (current)

- fine smooth (more accurate and smooth)

I think you can make cleanup using smooth at Smoothing=0.5.

Also maybe I will add several types of smoothing

- boosted smooth (current)

- fine smooth (more accurate and smooth)

How I can find the fine smooth method, you mentioned?

The 0.5 smooth makes no difference between a value of 1 in my model.

Thanx

Chris

Thanks guys. Giving the bugman a little break. Here is another little doodle, no added resolution so far but i feel like its time to crank it up once.

post-1079-1224562364_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. Giving the bugman a little break. Here is another little doodle, no added resolution so far but i feel like its time to crank it up once.

I like your work much!

Btw, you have tried to make "To polygones" for 12 M object... There will not be success. Only retopo in this case. I also have almost done auto-simplification but it is not ready now.

2Frenchy Pilou: yes, its triangle count of skin over voxels

2Andrew:

1) thanks! i was wondering what to do with that 12M model, will try direct retopology

*UPDATE - slice does not work on my voxel model, rest of topology is cool

2) see that horizontal tearing on all of my rendered images from 3dcoat? thats what it looks like for me when i hit "render"

I really like that head model. The glasses could use a little smoothing, but other that that it's perfect.

Put some more time into this. Increased resolution once.

post-1079-1224773086_thumb.jpg

1) Andrew, how much does "increase resolution" change voxel size?

2) Would be nice to unify all the shaders in terms of using fore/background color, shadows and cavity

Another late night doodle. Everything about sculpting in 3DC feels great. Would be very nice to be able to hotkey different brush tip shapes.

post-1079-1227509402_thumb.jpg

Heh, freaky. =]

That's what I love about voxels though. You can actually doodle like this in 3d and not get mired in the limitations of polygons. 3dcoat is starting to become my 3d sketchpad as well.

Another late night doodle. I am still struggling to find 3dc equivalent of clay brush in ZB, the ones in 3dc do not fill/flatten cavities

post-1079-1232179811_thumb.jpg