3DCoat Forums
JoseConseco

Gray soft theme

New themes are always welcome. I prefer dark themes over bright ones, but this one looks nice.

Good job.

Is the model included with the theme?

Just kidding. :p:

New themes are always welcome. I prefer dark themes over bright ones, but this one looks nice.

Good job.

Is the model included with the theme?

Just kidding. :p:

Darker themes are just easier on the eyes....literally. All that extra light, from bright themes, wear heavily on your eyes, over time. New themes are cool, but eye health should be taken into account, seeing we are staring at our monitors all day, every day. I used to have perfect 20/20 vision and now have to use reading glasses sometimes because of all the wear and tear from sitting behind a monitor all day 

AbnRanger, From my knowledge it is way easier to read dark fonts on bright background that is why books, newspapers have white paper. But because monitor is basically lamp glowing into ours eyes it is beneficial to invert it, at the cost of lost readability. I hope this gray theme is compromise between those two factors. But I have no scientific proof ;). And form artistic point of view it is better, imo, to have neutral values around your work than blacks or whites.

AbnRanger, From my knowledge it is way easier to read dark fonts on bright background that is why books, newspapers have white paper. But because monitor is basically lamp glowing into ours eyes it is beneficial to invert it, at the cost of lost readability. I hope this gray theme is compromise between those two factors. But I have no scientific proof ;). And form artistic point of view it is better, imo, to have neutral values around your work than blacks or whites.

Yeah, that's why you would have bright colored text on dark backgrounds. That's what you have with Max, Maya, and Modo

tumblr_nbf2kiT2VK1smmsbuo2_1280.jpg

Darker themes are just easier on the eyes....literally. All that extra light, from bright themes, wear heavily on your eyes, over time. New themes are cool, but eye health should be taken into account, seeing we are staring at our monitors all day, every day. I used to have perfect 20/20 vision and now have to use reading glasses sometimes because of all the wear and tear from sitting behind a monitor all day 

Here, Here!!!!

Greg Smith

I have 20/20 vision but I didn't have my nose to a monitor until I bought a Tandy 1000 back in the nineties sometime. But then, I've been using Ginko Biloba for 30 years. It's a vasodilator that boosts the blood supply to your optical stuff and memory.

Nope, we have black on white on news paper cause that would a bit too costly to have ink all over the paper with the exception of text... we are talking about a few 100 years old media... and that's not even considering the practicability aspect with photos and such.

Black on white doesn't help particularly readability, contrast does, be it black on white or white on black.

Now we're talking about screen that are super bright, the more radiation and light you get in the eyes the more quickly you lose photoreceptors and render your crystaline lens hard, thus eye wear. In that regard, white on black is much less harmful to your eyes.

Now ofc some people prefer brighter themes but that doesn't mean it's good for health.

much thanks for the theme :)

about dark and bright themes, the key here is depth of focus. bright-on-dark results in a darker screen overall than dark-on-bright. this means that your pupils will open wider (to let more light in), which results in a smaller depth of focus (optics 101). and this, in turn, means that your eye has to re-focus more often and that the bright elements hit your eyes much harder as they would otherwise because they opened up more.
so from a scientific point of view (pun) a light gray background is the most eye friendly.