3DCoat Forums

Fusion 8 now free

geo_n

• Reputable Contributor

Yep. This is AMAZING news. I don't think I need to buy the Red Giant Trapcode suite, now. Fusion has an amazing 3D particle system on it's own. Won't be handling 3D renders in After Effects anymore. Only for motion graphics. I like how Black Magic brought the professional version down to under $1k as well. This should shake up the industry as Fusion has a great resume in the Film industry.

Ty for pointing !

Never saw before, great !

Applink* is working fine with current F7, but the installer path is outdated... not big problem, can be changed manually.

* remember to install Python27 Python33, option: add to path checked

F7 works with Ptex ?

seems that only accepts Uvmapped models.

• Reputable Contributor

Ty for pointing !

Never saw before, great !

Applink* is working fine with current F7, but the installer path is outdated... not big problem, can be changed manually.

* remember to install Python27 Python33, option: add to path checked

F7 works with Ptex ?

seems that only accepts Uvmapped models.

When you export a model, with PTex work done on the model, 3D Coat generates a UV map any render can read....you can export a Ptex file, if you prefer. But it's not necessary in 3D Coat

• Reputable Contributor

I remember being pretty sore at Autodesk for killing off Combustion. They also basically killed Toxik by stopping development on it and adding it to Max and Maya (as a supplemental compositing app). I liked it's capability, but knowing that an app is dead....who really wants waste time learning it? I had been thinking about buying a seat of Fusion for the past few years, so this incredible news.

• 1 year later...