3DCoat Forums

How to move Curves to different positions before applying them?

Daniel Tynan

Go to solution Solved by Javis,

Hi,

I'm using the great "Curves" tool to make rope in my game asset.  I've saved a curve for a rope shape that I want to reuse with some tweaking on other parts of my object.   Is there a way to move the laoded curve BEFORE hitting apply and creating the voxel shape?   So far I've only been able to move individual control points on that curve, but no way to translate the whole curve with all it's control points.

I know you can hit apply and move the voxel shape. . but I need to tweak the curve points once I find a way to move it into place.

• Solution

Hi Daniel!

In the Tool Options panel there is a function that does exactly that, but to make it work you need to make sure you have one of the vertices selected. The function is at the bottom of the Tool Options panel, in the Curve tool, it's called Transform Curve (or something similar, I've recently renamed it, just look for the tick box at the bottom of that panel).

That should work for you, and it will work before applying the curve. :)

Thanks Javis, your a lifesaver!   It's called "Apply to Whole Curve" and located at the very bottom of the curve menu.  I had assumed it was some option for the curve profile. . since it looks like it is part of the profile submenu.  

• Like 1