3DCoat Forums

Color Swatches

stusutcliffe

Go to solution Solved by stusutcliffe,

• Advanced Member

When I open the Color Swatch . ( which is actually called color palette in the menu ?) I get a choice of 4 different swatches ...I dont want these ...I would like to make a new one so I can just add the few colors I am currently using. Any one tell me the really obvious answer I  cannot see?

Edited by stusutcliffe

• Advanced Member
  • Solution

Figured it out! Delete all in the palette,then save the palette as something else then add your own colours . 

Strangely, all this seems familiar ...pretty sure I asked the same question ages ago and promptly forgot what I did.

Move along....nothing to see here....

It's a bit awkward how swatches are handled at the moment.

For what it's worth, you can also create an .aco file and place it into INSTALLDRIVE\Program Files\3DCBUILD\Palette

and it will then show up in the Dropdown list for swatches.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Thanks Javis, I think thats what I wanted to do. 

( 5 minutes later ) Ok done that , works fine ...... Just wondering ...how do you just create a new .aco file from scratch? I right clicked and there was no option for that to happen. So I just copied and pasted an existing one then renamed it.Seems a convoluted way to do it.

Nice PBR video by the way,looking forward to more. 

Hey Stu!

I agree. It is unnecessarily complicated to make a simple .ACO file. We should probably put in a Mantis report for this. It shouldn't be any more difficult than clicking a "New Swatch" button, done.

Thanks for the kind words on the video! I have another one completed, just waiting for it to be QAd by my awesome team of video watchers before posting it publicly. :)

• Like 1