3DCoat Forums

Re-simmetrize partial object and navigation frame

uuderzo

Go to solution Solved by BeatKitano,

Here i am again.

Is there a way to re-simmetrize a partial object?

Example: i have an object that is mostly symmetric but not completely. For this reason i often switch on/off simmetry.

Now i have modified a symmetric part but i forgot symmetry off. Is there a way to take the half part that i wish to keep and apply on the other side? Tried freezing the part then applying axial symmetry but i got garbage, and the mask seems ignored.

And... another question by the way: is there a way to get rid of the viewport outer navigation frame (a-la zbrush)? I find myself trying to sculpt in those area but rotating the view instead.

Thanks! Umberto

• Advanced Member

And... another question by the way: is there a way to get rid of the viewport outer navigation frame (a-la zbrush)? I find myself trying to sculpt in those area but rotating the view instead.

I don't understand the answer to his second question?

Edited by Denis

I don't understand the answer to his second question?

Me too. As now i cannot run 3DC i was waiting to test before answering. My request was about "turning off" the outer viewport frame but after the carlosan answer i guess that it's possible to get to the result by acting to the flags, maybe?

• Contributor
  • Solution

You can deactivate navi-frame in navigation preferences (at the bottom of the scrolling panel I think).

NavDeactivate01_ayra.jpg

NavDeactivate02_n5zm.jpg

Note: hidding the frame doesn't change the hotzone I think (you may want to customize your navigation options to include (or not) the "Is In Nav Zone" option for that.

Yes i meant Navigation Zone but didn't know the name sorry :)

Thank you for the explanation.

As for the first question, the answer is "not possible yet until you don't perform some cut and paste" i guess?