3DCoat Forums

Zbrush 4 R7 to Keyshot bridge video

• Advanced Member

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?190182-A-Sneak-Peek-at-the-ZBrush-to-KeyShot-Bridge

ZBrush Bridge and KeyShot package will be offered at an MSRP of $349. However, we will offer an introductory pricing of$249. This offer will be available upon the release of ZBrush 4R7.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?190182-A-Sneak-Peek-at-the-ZBrush-to-KeyShot-Bridge/page2

Edited by L'Ancien Regime

• Reputable Contributor

I was hoping something like that might happen between 3D Coat and Thea. Inexpensive, and incredibly fast. Both have CUDA tech and 3dconnexion device support. A live link between them would be sweet...cause I don't think the Cycles plugin integration is going to happen anytime soon.

• Advanced Member

That's a good move on their part. They want to get it right the first time.. This latest video shows a much more impressive modeling toolset than the initial unveiling last summer displayed. I hope their polygonal modeling toolset obviates the need for Maya or any other modelling system in the workflow. I wish Andrew had done this for 3d coat instead of the texturing stuff he's working on now.

• Advanced Member

Personally i vote for texturing stuff. And im not in game dev, but being able to see this kind of detail in viewport while painting is damn great!.

i also +1 thea integration. not that i would use it, but definitely prefer that over keyshot.

i just wish the bridge between c4d and 3dcoat was a bit smoother. separate buttons for separate commands. so i can assign shortcuts to them.

Technology is not new but is new to Zbrush. Pixologic has addressed something that users wanted "In Zbrush" for a long time.

But modeling subdivision is based on precise control of cross sections and curved surface generation. The new release will allow that?

I'm interested to see how everything goes when users have tested the new tools.