3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

• Reputable Contributor

Perhaps your using the usual LC?  I'm using Voxel mode.  What I see is that the smooth was too strong for my taste and now it's more gradual, for me.

The anti-bump is for surface mode only... No change in Voxel mode smoothing that I know of or did Andrew mention voxel smoothing?

I use  Ctrl + Shift but Anti-bump can be setup using only the Shift Key as well.

post-518-0-36897700-1424027213_thumb.png

Edited by digman

• Advanced Member

There's a lot of stuff broken in the retopo/UV rooms. So far what I've found, unwrap doesn't work, clear seams doesn't work, clone doesn't work, hide doesn't work. Also bringing in one of the pre-loaded retopo models creates two retopo objects every time.

New smoothing is nice though.

• Reputable Contributor

There's a lot of stuff broken in the retopo/UV rooms. So far what I've found, unwrap doesn't work, clear seams doesn't work, clone doesn't work, hide doesn't work. Also bringing in one of the pre-loaded retopo models creates two retopo objects every time.

New smoothing is nice though.

Everthing you mentioned is working in my Windows Version 4.5Beta12...

Did you overwrite 4.1.17D to the newest beta? That will cause problems because of the PBR materials...

Or maybe some other file corruption going on in your version.

Edited by digman

• Advanced Member

I was using beta11 prior to beta12, so it shouldn't be related to the PBR stuff. Looks like Gilbertman

has issues with unwrap in beta12 as well.

Edit: Looks like the problems are related to the spacebar menu. All the functions work if I select them in the normal left side menus, but not in the spacebar menu.

Edited by b33nine

reported, ty

0001790: problems related to the spacebar menu

Edit: Looks like the problems are related to the spacebar menu. All the functions work if I select them in the normal left side menus, but not in the spacebar menu.

• Advanced Member

Loving the new smooth tool Andrew!! Thank you so much!  :) Here's a little comparison I made with the standard sphere in surface mode. First image is starting point, second image is old smooth tool, third is the anti-bump.

post-37729-0-55215300-1424058496_thumb.j post-37729-0-39602100-1424058520_thumb.j post-37729-0-89276300-1424058516_thumb.j

P.S. The smoothing was done with same radius, same smoothing, and same brush.

• Like 1

Will we ever see a current Linux version?

I am constantly pushing on programer to finish it asap.

But there was really serious obstacles, because of using of instruction textureLod in PBR saders the whole GL support was rewritten.

It is work a bit less than making 3dc crossplatform. It is mostly because of OSX (probably OSX makers hate all CG programmers), but both OSX and Linux are supported in similar way, so this problem was really serious.

So, this huge delay is not because we want to save some money but because of real problems. But, we guarantee it will be done.

Please excuse for so big delay.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

I am constantly pushing on programer to finish it asap.

But there was really serious obstacles, because of using of instruction textureLod in PBR saders the whole GL support was rewritten.

It is work a bit less than making 3dc crossplatform. It is mostly because of OSX (probably OSX makers hate all CG programmers), but both OSX and Linux are supported in similar way, so this problem was really serious.

So, this huge delay is not because we want to save some money but because of real problems. But, we guarantee it will be done.

Please excuse for so big delay.

No worries, just take your time to get it right.

T.

• Advanced Member

Hi Andrew,

I wonder if it would be easy to remove the 100% limit on the 'shift' and 'ctrl'+'shift' smoothing functions.  That would remedy the desire for more strength on the AnitBump smooth brush.

• Reputable Contributor

Hi Andrew,

I wonder if it would be easy to remove the 100% limit on the 'shift' and 'ctrl'+'shift' smoothing functions.  That would remedy the desire for more strength on the AnitBump smooth brush.

Not disagreeing, but I did notice that if I press pretty hard, the strength goes up, on that feature. Maybe adjusting the pressure sensitivity in Wacom tablet preferences might help

Hi Andrew,

If AntiBump strengh is too big it actually does not do good job.

Probably I will add some prefs for anti bump.

• Advanced Member

Andrew changed the vox smooth ? 

Gotta try then, since I agree with you smoothing was harsh.

If he didn't then I'm apparently not using 3DC as much as I was...I've been using ZB a lot the last couple of months.  It just seemed that 10% was not as destructive as I remember it being.

• Contributor

16.01.2015 4.5 BETA6

(...)

- 3D-Coat now may import object space normal maps (with auto conversion to tangent space). It guarantees normalmaps compatibility.

How do we import an object-space normal map? I only see an option to import world-space normal map.

---

Okay, I think this is it.

Edited by ajz3d

Is the retopo room going to be getting attention, or just this feature specifically? I wouldn't mind seeing a number of improvements across the board there.

I'm sure it will, in time. Not taking bugs/fixes/enhancements into account here, because it gets those now. The Paint Room is still the focus and will be for some time. The Auto Retopology function is getting some specific fixes and attention. :)

Ah ok, that's for the best I'd say.

The retopo room could certainly use work, but would rather Andrew not jump ship from the Paint room while am still waiting for/expecting various improvements (*cough* masks *cough*).

I spoke with Andrew. Masks will get attention soon. Here is the general order:

1. PBR
  2. Auto Retopology
  3. Then probably layer masks

Andrew will no doubt correct me if he wants to to differently. :)