3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

• Contributor

just a word to say how I find antibump smoothing  awesome :) It was totally a surprise implementation and now really dont see how I could sculpt without it.......when it gets too slow on very high density sections I use  Ctrl-Shift + PowerfullSmoothing to average the resolution sampled from a less dense part and it goes instantly much faster...

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

just a word to say how I find antibump smoothing  awesome :) It was totally a surprise implementation and now really dont see how I could sculpt without it.......when it gets too slow on very high density sections I use  Ctrl-Shift + PowerfullSmoothing to average the resolution sampled from a less dense part and it goes instantly much faster...

I knew you would come around ;)...it's  real game changer...now if only I could find some more time to do some sculpting!

• Like 1

• Reputable Contributor

4.5 BETA17

- You may optionally store glossiness or roughness in alpha channel of metal texture (in dependence on approach).

- Fixed seams if islands partially outside 0..1 UV range

- Correct scaling retopo mesh imported in empty scene.

- Scenes with reference meshes opened correctly (no checker)

Thank you very very much for adding the glossiness or roughness in the alpha channel of the metal texture as an option.... I will do some testing...

• Contributor

4.5 BETA17

- You may optionally store glossiness or roughness in alpha channel of metal texture (in dependence on approach).

- Fixed seams if islands partially outside 0..1 UV range

- Correct scaling retopo mesh imported in empty scene.

- Scenes with reference meshes opened correctly (no checker)

YOU SIR , YOU ARE THE BEST.

• Reputable Contributor

I agree. I personally think it should be the default algorithm, as many people testing the sculpting in 3D Coat would find smoothing to be outstanding right off the bat, without having to know anything about Anti-bump.

Why was the constructor tool removed?

*maybe it moved and I don't see it?

*last version to have it was Beta 13

Also it had a missing image..but guess that doesn't matter if it's gone for good.

5532ef6957029.png

Edited by bocs

• Reputable Contributor

It was removed by miskake (versions merging).

In next build it will be retored.

Andrew, others have mentioned it, but it bears repeating...can you add the option for the user to create their own profile from a spline created in 3D Coat or eps file? That would greatly extend the usefullness of the tool.

• Like 3

Hi it's possible add support for Shiva3d (I don't say for this Release, but in a future?¿, I see for Unity the users have an applink, but for Shiva3d (perhaps I'm the only one user) we don't. If the poeple don't meets Shiva3D it's something similar to Unity (I think more easy), but without expensive price and working in a bunch of platforms...

Thanks in advance.

Just want to give a thanks to Andrew for looking into speeding up Occlusion calculation.  Will give this a test today.

p.s. Just gave this a quick test and I am not getting a decent AO calculation.  Here's a quick image to explain.

OcclusionCalculation_zpslsqbhj9h.jpg

Even with a Post Smoothing Steps of 10 you can still see obvious individual Shadows cast by the lights.  How was the Original Ambient Occlusion layer on this model calculated for such a smooth result.   It doesn't seem right that I should ramp up the Post Smoothing Steps so high just to get a smooth bake.

Thoughts?

There was 250 or even 500 sources + 2-4 smoothings.

128 is too low for smooth result.

Raycasting metod is generally under development (not by me, by new programmer in the team).

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

Andrew, thanks for the response and the details on baking the smooth Occlusion map.

It's great news that Raycasting method is being worked on;  I think this will make a lot of people happy.  Can you give any details on whether it will take into account any Normal maps or depth painting applied to the model?  Or would that info be placed into the Curvature Map?

• Advanced Member

I'm retopologizing a character right now that has a mouth cavity and a tongue, and realizing that it is virtually impossible to retopologize the tongue because the retopo points will always snap to the outer most objects.

I have all other objects hidden, only the tongue is visible in the viewport, but its impossible to place the polygons onto the surface of the tongue, they will snap to the (invisible) head instead.

Would be nice if this could be fixed, will have to export the tongue to Modo and retopologize it there.

• Contributor

You have selected the root (volume 16) but you are working retopo to the tongue volume.

Select tongue volume as Tony Nemo very correctly suggested.

In general , select the volume that you work on , on any room , just like you do on the sculpt / voxel room.

• Contributor

Im experiencing dramatic discrepancy inside  Pbr material previews compared to applied result.

Preview is extremely brighter.... (vertex painting here ;DX or Gl I get same issue,using bundled materials and panoramas)

can anyone show me how it looks on their side? 

post-1195-0-72193200-1429555745_thumb.jp

Edit:Strangely I dont experience this issue when using the Default Male headbust.

I am getting that same issue with the blown out brightness in preview in 4.5.17 almost all the time. It happened a little in 4.5.16B a little, but not this much.

There was 250 or even 500 sources + 2-4 smoothings.
128 is too low for smooth result.

Raycasting metod is generally under development (not by me, by new programmer in the team).

That is really good news! Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to a raycasting AO solution. :) Any kind of general timeline on this one?

• Advanced Member

I just installed B17, It says "trial" on the top line?   What is going on?

I put a sphere in paint mode and still managed to make more than 7 layers ( was that the limited amount for the trial version?)

Anyone else get this?

Oh ,I guess with the "trial" you get the full amount of levels anyway.

But I have a full version...is this going to stop working at some point?

edit.  Tried uninstalling the serial and redoing it, still said "trial"   So I went back to Beta 12 ..."trial" has now disapeared? 

Edited by stusutcliffe

• Advanced Member

I have the very latest version.

Basically what happens is 

Start Beta 12 ,as it loads it says "demo" for a second or so, then that disapears when everything is fully loaded. It has always done this so that is normal.

Start Beta 17, as  it loads it says "demo" for a second or so, then that disapears when everything is fully loaded...then it says "trial".....which to me says you have not paid and will stop working after a bit (30 days or whatever it is)

I assume it is just a minor bug,but I have gone back to 12 just to be safe.

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this at all or has something gone awry just with me.

I have the very latest version.

Basically what happens is 

Start Beta 12 ,as it loads it says "demo" for a second or so, then that disapears when everything is fully loaded. It has always done this so that is normal.

Start Beta 17, as  it loads it says "demo" for a second or so, then that disapears when everything is fully loaded...then it says "trial".....which to me says you have not paid and will stop working after a bit (30 days or whatever it is)

I assume it is just a minor bug,but I have gone back to 12 just to be safe.

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed this at all or has something gone awry just with me.

+1          After demo disappears, "Trial" shows up about 20 seconds later...

5536137a8acd5.png

Edited by bocs