3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

• Advanced Member

Don't know about Layers and exporting to Photoshop but painting only Gloss doesn't produce any artefacts for me. Also, Hide tool works through hidden geometry.

Did you try with the default scene with the sphere?

And could someone check if the Text Tool works? For me, it does nothing.

It shows the preview of what's going to be painted, but when I press enter nothing happens

• Contributor

Both 4.5.01 and 4.5.02 downloads are failing unfortunately?

I found repeated difficulty downloading from 3DC or Google Drive using Chrome so switched back to Firefox which never fails (it has it's collection annoyances)

Did you try with the default scene with the sphere?

And could someone check if the Text Tool works? For me, it does nothing.

It shows the preview of what's going to be painted, but when I press enter nothing happens

Yeah, with that Material Preview sphere.

This hasn't been fixed in 4.5 final yet, and it's a pretty severe issue!

3DC_GlossBUG.gif

if the GIF compression makes it harder to see what's going on:

I'm painting with only gloss, and those blocky artifacts aren't compression, they're actually painted into the Gloss.

How to reproduce the problem? What tool used?

Because upon all attempts I can't get anything similar.

Another problem:

What's happening here is that I open the texture in Photoshop (ctrl-p), copy merged, paste that on a new layer (it looks identical to the underlying layers!), save. When I get back to 3dcoat, things are significantly brighter, as if it now has a different colour profile (linear isntead of sRGB?)

3DC_pbrBUG.gif

At this point I feel I should be getting paid for beta-testing this thing, hah.

edit: Just to be sure, I checked, and I'm on 4.5.02

I tried this as well, but no luck, all works completely as expected.

May someone help in reproducing?

Aaand another one!

If the layer controls are overlapping with layers, they'll be unusable. Instead, you're clicking on the layer underneath, which you'll figure out when you doubleclick (and get the rename dialog for that layer).

3DC_paletteBUG.gif

It is strange but on my side it works well too. Really strange, can someone help? Is it done by mouse or pen?

My scene without the retopo mesh takes 3.5GB of RAM.

If I import my retopo mesh (1352 triangles), RAM usage increases to 3.517GB.

Now, with retopo mesh imported, if I save the scene under a new name, close 3D-Coat and reload the new scene, 3D-Coat memory usage raises to 17,626GB and then it crashes (out of memory). The only difference between the scenes are those 1352 triangles.

Jamie, I'm on Windows, so sadly I cannot do much with your advice. Nevertheless, thank you for trying to help me. :)

What is interesting is that the Undo problem disappeared after I restarted 3D-Coat. Crashing persists though. I'll try again tomorrow, maybe I can come up with some solution. If not, I'll have to send my files to support.

There is problem with scenes where "Isolate" was used. Memory issues may happen upon loading scenes.

Tomorrow I will reupload build to fix it and be able to load all without problems.

I'll see what I can do to further reproduce those Andrew. I've tried with the first two already, and I cannot reproduce them.

@Mighty Pea Could you tell us your system specs/OS, tablet or mouse, etc., please?

• Contributor

There is problem with scenes where "Isolate" was used. Memory issues may happen upon loading scenes.

Tomorrow I will reupload build to fix it and be able to load all without problems.

Andrew, Arumiat - facing the same problem - was kind enough to forward me the 4.5.02A patch and it fixed my "Out of memory" issue. I can now load the scene without crashing 3DC. Thank you for taking your time to address the problem.

A couple problems I found with some PBR. Under metals, the second and third copper materials and the metal_painted_dark material  seem to have a very different result if you do a per pixel painting vs on a retopologized uv unwrapped mesh. Here are the results:

post-39231-0-47830600-1433468043_thumb.p

post-39231-0-40973800-1433468044_thumb.p

post-39231-0-95142100-1433468081_thumb.p

post-39231-0-35679800-1433468083_thumb.p

post-39231-0-52337700-1433468100_thumb.p

post-39231-0-40703300-1433468101_thumb.p

• Contributor

(...) Thank you for taking your time to address the problem.

Oops, it came out rude. What I meant is thank you for your time and addressing the problem.

English is full of traps. :D

Edited by ajz3d
  • Like 1

A couple problems I found with some PBR. Under metals, the second and third copper materials and the metal_painted_dark material  seem to have a very different result if you do a per pixel painting vs on a retopologized uv unwrapped mesh. Here are the results:

After messing around more with the settings, specially degrees on the material. I was able to fix the issue I had for the retopo mesh which was the one not looking so good previously.

• Contributor

Just opened 3d coat to see if there is a command so i can try and  help a fellow from the forum.

It notified my about new version ,4.5.03 , so i downloaded it and installed.

Once i run it , it still says 4.5.02 and notifies again about new version 4.5.03!!!!!

Unistalled , re installed , still says 4.5.02!!!!!

Edited by Michaelgdrs

Just opened 3d coat to see if there is a command so i can try and  help a fellow from the forum.

Once i run it , it still says 4.5.02 and notifies again about new version 4.5.03!!!!!

I had this same problem. But in my case i just removed the shortcut and created a new shortcut from the start menu. 

• Like 2

• Advanced Member

Same here

• Like 1

• Contributor

Mac& Linux builds had incorrect versioning, now fixed, need redownload if you still getting 4.5.02

Oh , no worries , if its the new one , no problem what version it shows at all.

• Contributor

2 things i found on 4.5.03

First there is no 3D-CoatV4 folder in the documents folder (win) anymore.

Second , trial last for only 5 days.

Edited by Michaelgdrs

• Advanced Member

It is strange but on my side it works well too. Really strange, can someone help? Is it done by mouse or pen?

It needs to be spawned using a hotkey, pen or mouse doesn't matter.

I use L to spawn the layer panel, and that's when this happens.

• Advanced Member

How to reproduce the problem? What tool used?

Because upon all attempts I can't get anything similar.

This doesn't always happen, but it's *been* happening for a while now, randomly. It should be noted that this there are no artifacts with the color or normal channel, and that this happens using multiple drivers.

I can't reproduce, but it's something that happens every so often. I'll let you know if I can figure out how or why.

I'm assuming the other issues could be reproduced?

I don't have time to doublecheck anything right now, so if someone can reproduce any of them that would be nice.

Edited by Mighty Pea