3DCoat Forums

V4.5 BETA (experimental)

@taros... The model was imported with symmetry off centered. Used 3dc to correct it in the sculpt room using the pick option in the symmetry tool panel. Then I copied one side to the other to make sure the x axis was dead centered.

I very seldom use virtual symmetry and it was turned off.

Are you able to share the object with me? I would like to test it here. Thank you.

• Reputable Contributor

Are you able to share the object with me? I would like to test it here. Thank you.

Sorry this object I can not share but if I come across another one I will pm you...

Edited by digman

• Reputable Contributor

Oh OK that fixed it. Weird. The splash screen now shows 4.5 too. I hadn't noticed that before.

I deleted all the files in the MyDocs/3D Coat V4.5 folder > re-installed and still get the V4 splash screen inside the viewport. I see the 4.5 one during install, but not when the app opens up

• Reputable Contributor

Hi Ranger

sory im asking this but... is your alias pointing to

"C:\Program Files\3D-Coat-V4.5\3D-CoatDX64C.exe"

3DC Splash on my comp

attachicon.gif3D-COAT 4.5.04(CUDA)(DX64).jpg

I'm talking about the one you see when you open the app, and has all the task-centric buttons beneath it.

143635254282.jpg

- Split in voxels works correctly with Border width (in voxel mode)
- Color of seams and drawn strokes in preferences.
- "On Plane" option in "Import" tool to be able to draw with objects outside the current object.
- fixed scripting issue - http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1940
- AutoMap (retopo/uv room)- exactly same method of unwrapping as used in import dialog for automapping. It is planar mapping with test of clusters self-intersection. This method is most stable and eats any (even nonmanifold) geometry but creates too many islands.
- Sripting updated: Mat4

If this build will be approved and nothing awful will be found there, I will set this build to main downloads.

• Like 3

• Advanced Member

3DC 4.5.05 crashes all the time when I turn on realtime render in render room. All four versions of 3DC crash - DX64, DX64CUDA, GL64, GL64CUDA. My video card is Nvidia GTX 660Ti. It crashes even without any model loaded. I start 3DC, go to render room, check in realtime render - crash. I have sent a bug report.

Edit: I have found that it crashes when I have 'Use Panorama as Environment' in render room checked in.

Edited by Vipera

• Advanced Member

Realtime render works fine here too

you got crashes using other exr or hdri panoramas ?

All panoramas from 3DC list and any other .hdr or .exr file cause crash. I have not had such problem in previous versions of 3DC.

Clipboard04.png

Edited by Vipera

• Advanced Member

I want to bump up the question with the difference of shadows in DX vs GL versions in render room, realtime render. digman had the same problem in Linux version early. 

I am having very different result for shadows in Render room in 3DC GL version to compare with 3DC DX. Here is the realtime render of  GL version (please note the shadow artifacts in center part of the object):

3_DC4_5beta20_GL64.png

Here is the DX version. Everything looks fine:

3_DC4_5beta20_DX64.png

My video card is GeForce GTX 660Ti, Driver version 347.88

I upload this gun model so you can test it.

Future_gun_assembled.zip

• Advanced Member

About realtime render crash reproduce this mantis issue please. It should be the same problem:

http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1945

It is not the same problem. It is different. I have reported it yesterday. http://3d-coat.com/mantis/view.php?id=1948

Edited by Vipera